6 servings / 30 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 20 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 4 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill or 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dried dillweed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) skim or 1% milk
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and pepper for 3 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and stir in dill and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites and milk until combined.
- Divide onion and pepper mixture among 6 lightly sprayed muffin tins. Pour and divide in egg mixture among muffin tins. Top each with 2 tomato halves and sprinkle with feta.
- Bake in 350° F (180° C) oven for about 20 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
Nutrition info per serving (1 of 6)
- Calories 80
- Protein 6 g
- Total fat 4.5 g
Saturated fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
- Carbohydrates 3 g
Fibre 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Added sugars 0 g
- Sodium 100 mg
- Potassium 160 mg
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, PH Ec. ©Heart and Stroke Foundation 2018.