Position: Area Administrator
Reports to: Senior Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for an Area Administrator (AA) who is customer focused, detail-oriented, likes working with numbers and likes working with volunteers. The Area Administrator (AA) provides administration and office support services for the area office, supports fundraising teams and events and provides service excellence to our donors and volunteers. The Administrator is an integral part of the recruitment and development of the office volunteers.
- Ensures a clean and professional office environment is maintained
- Understands office systems, equipment and computers
- Manages all financial activities related to the fundraising team (e.g. banking, daily cash log, cash management, income tax receipting, gifts in kind procedures, NSF Cheques) Processes, tracks and monthly reconcile all operating and event expenses
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry in Foundation databases as outlined by Data Standards. Completes regular data back up
- Assists Senior Area Manager in collecting data and preparing various monthly statistical and program evaluation reports
- Processes all mail, parcels, orders and shipments
- Ensures office security procedures are maintained and followed
- Maintains centralized filing system (manual and computer)
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of H & S materials and office supplies
- Acts as the front line resource person for general public and donors, ensuring reception coverage at all times for Big Bike, Person to Person, Jump Rope for Heart, 3rd Party Events and donations
- Responds to telephone and walk in inquiries/donations, responds to enquiries
- Represents H & S with volunteers, donors, customers and general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Receives, coordinates, tracks and prepares resources for health promotion presentations and displays ensuring that services and equipment are available to both internal and external customers through direct action of training
- Facilitates the implementation of the In Honor program including sending cards, receipting and obituary tracking
- Implements the recruitment, orientation, training, direction, stewardship and recognition of volunteers
- Assesses volunteer skills and ensures volunteers are matched to appropriate tasks
- Provides necessary administrative support to volunteer Community Engagement committees
- Supervises volunteers, students/government placements in administrative capacities, ensures relationship is mutually beneficial and ensure required reporting is followed up
- Relevant education
Experience and Skills:
- 2 years customer service experience in an office environment
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience (specifically knowledge of reconciling and budget monitoring)
- Intermediate to Advanced PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7P; superior Excel skills
- Strong data entry experience; data management
- Experience collecting and depositing money
- Experience with recruitment, training and leading/supervising volunteers/students preferred
- Strong office administration and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to manage high volume of workload: thrives in a busy office environment.
- Ability to prioritize; sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Exhibits high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until October 22, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.