Position: Resuscitation Program Manager (Quebec)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Resuscitation Services, Design, and Delivery
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Resuscitation team is looking for an exceptional person who: can build our Resuscitation programs; has a strong customer service drive; brings their sales and marketing expertise to the position, and who is passionate about helping us fulfill our mission to enable faster, better cardiac emergency response and treatment. This is a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
The Resuscitation Program Manager (RPM) builds relationships with our incredible instructor network, ensures implementation of guidelines and standards for Resuscitation Programs, and provides leadership to increase the number of courses offered and the number of individuals trained.. This includes developing, implementing and monitoring Resuscitation programs and expanding the instructor network through recruitment, training and retention. The RPM ensures territory targets for registration, instructor, and materials revenue are achieved.
Implements the current guidelines and standards for Resuscitation Programs, including course content and instructor competence.
Develops and implements an operational plan to meet resuscitation program objectives within territory.
Actively participates on and/or communicates with pertinent organizations and committees related to Resuscitation to advance Heart & Stroke Resuscitation Mission objectives.
Represents Heart & Stroke at provincial meetings and conferences as appropriate. Oversees community Resuscitation events as needed.
Establishes working relationships with individuals, groups, and/or businesses. Develops and maintains a provincial network with relevant institutions, professional organizations, and HEART & STROKE instructors and master instructors/instructor trainers.
Advises on materials, equipment, and supplies necessary for instruction of HEART & STROKE Resuscitation Programs.
Implements Quality Assurance tactics for Resuscitation Programs within geographic area.
Participates in national Resuscitation Program evaluation activities.
Develops and implements a plan to recruit, train and retain instructors. Provides appropriate educational opportunities for instructors to maintain or improve current status; fosters strong working relationships with instructors and instructor trainers.
- Degree or diploma in health science or a related field is preferred
- Certificate/training or experience delivering adult education preferred
- Heart & Stroke Instructor certification preferred
- Able to speak and write fluently in French and English
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a sales/business development environment
- Previous work experience in the not-for-profit sector is an asset
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Results oriented, creative and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating clearly, simply and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Knowledge of health care systems
- Excellent project management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent leadership skills – able to influence, coach, motivate and delegate
- Established relevant networks provincially, nationally, and internationally would be an asset
- Ability to manage a demanding schedule and set priorities in accordance with the organizational strategic plan
- Flexible/ adaptable, able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skill in the Microsoft Office Suite
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2018. Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca