Position: Communications Manager – Quebec
Reports to: CEO, Quebec
Location: Montréal (Québec)
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for an experienced communications partner who is inspired by our mission and who wants to contribute to our unique fund raising and health promotion/advocacy environment.
As our Communications Manager you will support the province by developing and implementing outstanding communications strategies to: build awareness of Heart and Stroke Foundation and its mission activities; strengthen the Heart and Stroke Foundation brand; and advance philanthropy in support of the Foundation mission. The Manager will raise the profile of the organization in the province of Quebec and on the French social media platforms, and provide communications counsel to management.
- Implements the communications strategy for the province, in order to highlight and increase the profile of Heart & Stroke’s work in health promotion, disease management and promotion of recovery, research, resuscitation, volunteer development, revenue development and healthy public policy change.
- Nurtures provincial media relationships to enhance the ability of the Heart & Stroke to attract media attention/support when needed or desired.
- Develops and generates meaningful, shareable content that incites action and engagement.
- Implements media relations activities, including preparing media kits, issuing media materials, pitching releases/speakers, coordinating interviews, prepping Heart & Stroke spokespeople, and conducting media and spokesperson follow-up.
- Prepares briefing notes, key messages, media releases, develops fact sheets, and coordinates the mailing out of packages promoting key events.
- Summarizes and distributes relevant media clippings and supports the implementation of communications evaluation efforts.
- Assists in the identification of speakers for Heart & Stroke related events/prepares speaking notes, preps speakers.
- Develops and stewards strong relationships with experts, survivors and local celebrities.
- Plans and manages the social media ports on the French platforms while engaging with the social media communities.
- Works collaboratively with the Central Social Media team to engage with constituents on French platforms.
- Acts as an internal expert for all social media capabilities across all platforms
- Manages the Multimedia Integrator to handle Heart & Stroke’s provincial event webpages and mass emailing campaigns.
- Manages the Print Production/Design Coordinator while making sure provincial initiatives and public facing are compliant and consistent with brand standards.
- Represents the Communications/Marketing Department at senior management team meetings.
- Manages the Communications tools and ensures the provincial employees are informed of existing and new documents.
- Recommends strategic opportunities to increase Heart & Stroke profile in the province.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in development and communications, public relations, marketing or a related field;
- Experience working with media;
- Strong experience of effective use of social media;
- Experience working with volunteers an asset;
- Knowledge of the non-profit and/or health sector an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in both French and English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task effectively, and strong attention to detail;
- Capacity to maintain positive attitude while under pressure, maintaining deadlines, and effectively managing multiple priorities;
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including graphic design software, preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective use of social media.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16, 2018. Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca