Position: Fundraising Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Community Fund Development Coordinator
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
Status: Summer Student
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives. Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position.The Fundraising Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for data collection and entry for various fundraising programs including the Person-to-Person (P2P) campaign, events and volunteer application forms. In addition, s/he will assist in the execution of fundraising events such as the Paper Hearts campaign.
Anticipated start date: June 4th, 2018 for 13 weeks, working 35 hours per week.
Keys Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist Community Fund Development Coordinator in identifying and developing tactics for growing the door to door campaign and recruiting leadership volunteers;
- Interpret and clarify data be conducting phone calls to volunteers, donors and staff when necessary;
- Provide administrative support to ensure success in the execution of fundraising programs;
- Attend fundraising events and assist with logistics, setup and cleanup;
- Represent Heart & Stroke with volunteers, donors and the general public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Database Software Use – 5%
- Data collection – 25%
- Program Administration – 20%
- Office Assistant – 10%
- Marketing / Sales / Public Relations – 15%
- Fundraising – 10%
- Coordinating – 15%
Experience and Skills
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel Skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience reading maps considered an asset;
- Attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working with volunteers considered an asset;
- Access to a vehicle considered an asset.
Candidates must have been a full-time student during 2017-2018 and will be attending/returning to post-secondary school full-time in September 2018. S/he cannot be a family member of Heart & Stroke staff or board members.
Deadline for applications is Friday, May 25th, 2018 at 4pm. Please forward cover letter & resume (as one document) to email@example.com with your first and last name in the email subject.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.