Reports to: Digital Team Lead
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Fulltime, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a highly motivated Webmaster who is a positive, creative and collaborative team player with strong problem solving skills. The Webmaster will be responsible for developing, maintaining and reviewing online & digital content in an efficient manner that will deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Create, build and deploy new web pages using Sitecore CMS.
- Update, maintain and revise existing online content.
- Perform quality assurance in staging environment in multiple browsers/platforms before deploying to production environment.
- Optimize content for accessibility and speed.
- Implement A/B testing program and tools in order to increase conversions and improve digital experience.
- Keep track of multiple projects and progress. Creates action plans to finish projects on time.
- Write high quality HTML and CSS that is easy to reuse and maintain.
- Works with Digital team and key stakeholders to ensure content is optimized for search (onsite search and external search engines).
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required for critical events/breaking news
- Post-secondary degree in a related field (i.e. Diploma in Computer Science with focus on Web Development) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant web content management and design experience - Sitecore preferred or similar content management system for Web applications.
- Experience working on multi-language external website
- Digital production/design experience, including layout, composition, font specifications, and color specifications aligning to brand guidelines.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Marketing, Project Management / Developers / Architects.
- Previous success working with senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proof reading skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience.
- Possess critical thinking, analytical, and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, fact or content into a strong visual presentation that maximizes communications / sales effectiveness.
- Problem solving and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic fast paced team
- Familiarity with various analytics tools and an ability to make decisions based on KPIs
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved at Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca