Position: Web Developer
Reports to: Director, Digital Technologies
Department: Business Solutions & IT
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full -Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The position will be responsible for working on a variety of new media initiatives to help fulfill the organization’s overall new media strategy. While staying abreast of the latest trends and enabling technologies in new media, you will work in a fast-paced collaborative environment providing a variety of solutions and services which interface with both internal and external stakeholders including donors, staff, board members and the community at large.
Business Requirements Definition
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, interviews and/or workshops to review existing information, understand objectives and to elicit needs
- Gather and document system functional and non-functional requirements, produce design documents, including but not limited to: Site maps, Information Architecture, ERD, DFD diagrams.
- Negotiate with all stakeholders to obtain agreement regarding requirements
- Work with Business, IT and Apps Services groups to define hardware, storage, performance, security, training and support requirements
- Research and recommend alternatives and identify process and system implications
- Review vendor system requirements and validate them against the business requirements
- Review vendor detailed designs and validate them against the system and business requirements
Support the delivery processes of projects
- Support the initial Discovery phase to conduct needs analysis, requirements definition and project charter creation
- Support in the preparation and implementation of project plans including project tasks, timing, dependencies and risks
- Support in the identification of assumptions and confirmation of these assumptions
- Support in the project communications and change management plan development and execution
- Work with the team and vendors to build system, unit and integration test plans. Support in the execution of these test plans
- Support the development and implementation of support materials (ie. SLA (service level agreements)) or training materials
- Support in the resolution of issues during post-launch normalization, and transition to support teams
- Participate and contribute to Lessons Learned discussions
New Media Execution
- Work on the continued refinement of Internet based materials for the purposes of fundraising, communication and stewardship
- Develop, maintain, support, update and troubleshoot all Internet based fundraising tools.
- Research, provide and implement innovate solutions that utilize new media to help drive fundraising revenues
- Working with the Information Technology team, ensuring the overall security of the organization’s data connected to new media materials
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or a related degree or diploma
Experience and Skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently as required;
- Achieves high results through people
- Superior verbal, facilitation and written communication skills
- Performs well under pressure. Shows diplomacy, tact and good judgment when conflict arises.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as the position liaises with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in business process analysis and documentation (mapping and requirements gathering)
- Good understanding of systems environments, quality assurance and change management
- Experience with content management systems, online fundraising implementations (experience with Artez, Kintera, Convio-Team Raiser, Sharepoint, Salesforce an asset)
- Exposure to Blackbaud not-for-profit software applications would be an asset (Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud CRM, BBIS, Luminate Online);
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization is an asset
- IIBA or PMP certification is an asset
- Understanding of data management principles is an asset
- Familiarity with web technologies, experience with usability and GUI design principles
- Big picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with both waterfall and agile development methodologies an asset
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Visio, MS Powerpoint
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.