Position: Digital Analyst
Reports to: Digital Team Lead
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Fulltime, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for an experienced web analyst to deliver actionable insights to marketing leaders and other functional groups. In this role you will be instrumental in helping teams within the foundation make sure everything we do is informed by data. You will manage and facilitate the reporting and analysis for the Heart and Stroke Foundation's digital efforts (websites and cross-channel campaigns). You will gather and translate data into enhanced customer journeys while providing insights that improve the overall constituent digital experience. You will be given the opportunity to shape our analytics offerings and join a growing team of talented digital enthusiasts.
Business intelligence & reporting
- Transform raw data into powerful visuals and stories.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to internal teams through robust analyses using data from Google Analytics and other digital data sources.
- Work with cross functional teams to obtain requirements for the design, build and production of relevant reports and dashboards from multiple data sources i.e. Google Analytics, ESP, CRM, etc.).
- Set up and maintain all business and technical aspects of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager - understand features and properties ensure data integrity of new and existing tracking
- Observe website behavior patterns using site metric tools to analyze and optimize to provide a recommendation and/or improve business results and user experience and coordinates report requirements with to meet business objectives.
- Review digital marketing campaign data and make recommendations to improve the performance of marketing campaigns
- Assist with the development of marketing attribution models.
- Act as first and main point of contact for departments across the Foundation for the purpose of digital analytics.
- Build the Foundation's digital analytics knowledge base by researching and sharing industry trends, competitive activity and new marketing opportunities.
- Build confidence in data sources in order to ensure data integrity and reliability by developing processes and procedures.
- Build, manage and sustain the internal and external business relationships necessary to support the digital analytics objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Involvement with Digital Analytics Association preferred.
Experience and skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience with web analytics preferably in digital marketing or e commerce.
- Previous experience in fundraising or direct response marketing a definite asset.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio.
- Experience with Tag Management tools such as Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with managing A/B and multivariate testing using Google Optimize or similar platforms.
- Experience in conducting web analysis with one or more of the major web analytics tools ( i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics; Google Analytics preferred).
- Understanding of advanced web analytics methodologies including A/B and multivariate testing and proven ability to apply user behaviour data to influence web design & personalization.
- Technology savvy: Thorough understanding and expertise in data manipulation, sorting and analysis tools (ie: advanced MS Excel skills); advanced skills with all Microsoft Office Software for the creation of management reports, presentations, and analysis.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms i.e. Salesforce, Blackbaud CRM; Blackbaud CRM preferred.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of statistics.
- Imaginative in analysis, able to separate what is worthwhile versus what is noise.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills including statistical probability, correlations, etc.
- Curious and self-motivated; understands that sometimes the most important data is in the finer details, and digs for it..
- Exceptional written and verbal Communication skills; ability to intuitively understand the audience and tailor communications appropriately.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and project management skills with acute attention to detail.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.