Position: Training Specialist, Program Training
Reports to: Manager, Program Training
Department: Community Engagement
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Would you like to join one of Canada’s most influential not for profit organizations? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a group of strong, dynamic and committed employees? We are looking for a Training Specialist to assist the Manager, Program Training in the design, development and delivery of a wide range of learning resources for Heart & Stroke’s Community Engagement national employees. Community Engagement employees across the country drive significant revenue growth through community-based programs raising the funds that enable Heart & Stroke to deliver its critical mission and reduce the impact of heart disease and stroke.
As Training Specialist, you will play a key role in ensuring the learning readiness of Community Engagement field employees for meeting their fundraising goals. This includes updating and publishing key internal communication documents for all Community Engagement employees and supporting the development and execution of the department’s annual national launch.
- Contributes to the determination of needs, design and delivery of national Community Engagement program training sessions
- Assists in the development of training materials including, but not limited to; PowerPoint decks, videos, animated videos, technical training and resource manuals.
- Prepares and publishes all final versions of training webinar materials on the Community Engagement intranet site (ie. recordings and documents) in English and French
- Assists in the development of the critical path(s), program resource material and job aids for the annual national launch and program launches to all Community Engagement employees
- Manages the set up and acts as organizer/facilitator/technical support for all webinar delivered training
- Uses online survey development software (ie.,Survey Monkey) to construct training evaluation surveys
- Assists in the compilation and interpretation of survey results to help identify future training opportunities and publishes survey results
- Maintains full knowledge of Community Engagement program components and field implementation strategies and is central point of contact for all national and regional training–related inquiries
- Works with Program Teams to obtain content and manages the process for weekly communications to Area Office employees across the country in English and French
- Ensures the Community Engagement intranet site is up-to-date, relevant to its core audience and easy to navigate
- Ensures “evergreen” program documents are continuously updated in English and French
- University degree or College diploma, preferably in education or instructional design (or working towards completion)
Experience and skills
- 2-3 years of related work experience; in a training environment would be an asset
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and instructional design process
- Strong customer service experience
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Good accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience managing tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven administration skills
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of SharePoint, GoToWebinar and GoAnimate would be an asset
- Understanding of the e-learning environment and other methods of training delivery
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20lbs and work in tight spaces
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.