Position: Senior Specialist, Marketing (CHPI)
Reports to: Director Operational Excellence
Department: Strategy and Finance
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full time, Contract (18-30 months)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000(+) volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Heart & Stroke is excited to be working with the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing (MCII) to launch a free innovative program aimed at improving the health of Canadians by preventing the onset of hypertension (high blood pressure). Launching in early 2018, the Community Hypertension Prevention Initiative program will help 7,000 Canadians in Toronto and Vancouver by providing them with the health programs and resources necessary to manage their blood pressure through sustainable lifestyle change.
We are seeking a proactive, creative and collaborative professional for the role of Senior Specialist, Marketing, for the Community Hypertension Prevention Initiative (CHPI). Reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence, this role provides marketing promotion and program support to drive volunteer and participant engagement to meet the goals and objectives of the CHPI program. It is responsible for the planning, coordination and efficient execution of marketing promotion activity.
The Senior Specialist will work closely with HSF Marketing team and agency, and work to build strong relationships with community, volunteer and technology partners. Working with CHPI cross functional teams, the Senior Specialist will coordinate and execute tactical marketing promotion plans.
- Actively engage and work collaboratively with partners and internal stakeholders to develop CHPI marketing program across multiple work streams (volunteers, intake and community partners)
- Develop a comprehensive multi-channel marketing promotion plan, with a compelling “Call to Action” to drive volunteer and participant engagement in collaboration with the CHPI team, HSF Marketing team and marketing agency
- Plan and validate marketing promotion for location-based, event, direct and digital marketing channels
- Develop and manage relations with CHPI community which will include volunteers, program partners and participants who will be supporting the program
- Manages the creation of critical paths, including gathering key dates from external vendors and internal production and procurement department
- Lead the execution of location-based, event, direct and digital marketing promotion with CHPI Program Manager, HSF Marketing team and agency
- Lead the development of marketing promotion messaging, content and collateral, in collaboration with HSF Marketing team and agency ensuring alignment with HSF brand
- With HSF Marketing team, support consistent application of HSF branding and quality standards in all collateral
- Develop and track against agreed marketing budget, gaining appropriate level approvals to project estimates
Reporting and Continuous Improvement
- Monitor, measure and report on the effectiveness of the marketing promotion plan
- Keeps Managers and Director, informed regarding any program issues and possible resolution options
- Recommend, develop and execute continuous improvement to support program objectives
- University degree or college diploma in marketing, communications or related field (or combination of education and experience)
Experience and Skills
- 5 + years of related marketing, communication or health promotion experience
- Experience executing location-based, event, direct and digital marketing promotion plans
- Experience sourcing and managing content development
- Experience in program or health care delivery environment considered a plus
- Experience in health-related charity considered a plus
- Experience with marketing technology considered a plus
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational skills and bias toward action
- Ability to manage competing priorities and a diverse task load, multi-task, problem solve, and produce and coordinate projects with tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate well with team members, a strong ability to network and build relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office, Windows 7 (MS Project considered a plus)
- Superior writing, proofing and marketing/promotion skills considered a plus
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca.