Position: Senior Manager, Strategy
Reports to: Chief Strategy & Financial Officer
Department: Strategy Team
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising and mission strategies to grow HSF’s revenue and increase its mission impact.
This person will participate and lead the development of various initiatives as well as the execution of selected initiatives. In doing so, the person will collaborate with senior leaders across all functions of the organization. This will include leading the implementation of the Community Hypertension Prevention Initiative (CHPI).
- Develop actionable strategies and initiatives to enable the Foundation to deliver on its strategic objectives.
- Identify growth opportunities for the foundation and help build pipeline of innovative products and services.
- Identify critical business issue and risks, apply analytics, and structure work plans to solve complex problems.
- Serve as strategic thought partner to the senior leadership team on strategic issues
- Provide analytic support and insight in the development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Ensure the leadership team confidently understands the key trends and our action plan.
- Develop recommendations to senior managers and directors to make key business decisions.
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level leaders.
- Ensure that the strategy of the organization is translated to actionable, quantifiable, and measurable market-level plans.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time and with minimal direction
- Develop tactical plans to achieve scale, improve efficiencies, or create new revenue opportunities.
- Analyze findings to develop insights and recommendations for senior management.
- Engage and collaborate with individuals at all levels and across all functional areas; leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Manage assignments and resources over discrete time periods with minimal intervention.
- Leverage technical, analytical, interpersonal and management skills across all areas to implement the projects across the organization.
Management of program staff:
- Recruit, hire, orient, manage, train and coach key program staff and volunteers
- Provide positive leadership to all staff, encourage a team approach, professional attitude and good board - staff relations, always modeling best practices in this regard.
- Guide and manage teams to ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Undergrad degree in business and equivalent master’s level education in combination with undergrad degree or MBA
- Healthcare related education an asset
Experience and Skills
- 7+ years of experience in both strategy consulting and an operational role (experience working as a strategy consultant is a must, operational role an asset)
- Proven experience managing direct reports and leading cross functional teams
- Experience with a data-driven approach to influence decisions and ultimately drive results
- Experience developing and delivering effective presentations
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” mindset, with the ability to be a driver and change agent in an organization; proven ability to lead through influence without a direct line of authority
- A demonstrated passion or interest in healthcare and / or the Heart and Stroke Foundation would be considered a plus
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.