Position: Senior Manager, CRM Solutions
Reports to: Director, Information Management
Department: Information Management
Status: Permanent, Fulltime
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives. Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Senior Manager, CRM Solutions is responsible and accountable for the operational management of the Foundation’s national Enterprise CRM solution, its data and processes are best in class to ensure an exceptional customer service experience is provided to all Heart and Stroke constituents.
Reporting to the Director, Information Management, the Senior Manager, CRM Solutions will manage CRM related staff and support Heart and Stroke’s core strategic CRM platform ensuring alignment to the Foundation’s business objectives and Information Technology strategy. This dynamic role is responsible to implement solutions for ongoing operations; coordinate and supervise the activities related to ongoing CRM design, configuration, reporting, analytics and end to end data integration of organization information.
The position will bring a systems thinking discipline and work collaboratively with the business and IT partners to help achieve the organization’s goal for efficiency and effectiveness; to fully understand departmental and corporate objectives, oversee and manage data according to best practice and standards; ensure quality to support enterprise-wide initiatives and process changes as they relate to new system enhancements.
This individual will be required to maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s business strategy, initiatives and culture and will use that knowledge to assist in the development and implementation of data and CRM strategies and programs that support our growing, multi-site, national organization. This individual will build strong relationships and partner closely across functions, with a focus on Fundraising and backend operational integrations.
Technical Lead and Administration
- Act as primary architect for solution development and management (Information Architecture, Taxonomy, Data Flow) for the CRM application.
- Act as the platform administrator who manages the overall user access, security and site and database management.
- Audit regularly security permissions and adjust as necessary to ensure overall security compliance.
- Ensure existing data-security policies are followed, and incorporate security requirements into the overall architecture.
- Provide technical expertise to support the development of an overall architecture solution (business objectives and user requirements, infrastructure, functionality, database design, security
- and integration).
- Contribute to the continuous improveent of the architecture of Foundation applications.
Lead Data Integration
- Supervise and manage set up and organize data import queues and schedules.
- Supervise and manage the completeness and consistency of core organization data.
- Oversee and create system procedures and audits that ensure data integrity protocol adherence.
- Develop, review and enforce standards and guidelines for data and processes.
- Collaborate with IT to understand and map the application landscape, connections and dependencies between multiple systems.
Lead Report Management
- Plan and design solution components and interfaces to improve data reporting from external systems and vendors to the CRM application and Business Intelligence platform.
- Supervise and construct data structures and mapping to enable consistent information and reporting delivery.
- Continuously refines and provides architectural guidance and technical expertise to the the Report Developers
- Ensure effective communication and customer service for new reporting requests, keeping team members, senior leadership, our employees, well informed of report delivery status and impact to their operations.
- Oversee staff and act as the OIC designate during periods of absence of the Director of Information Management.
- Support staff by providing guidance and managing daily operational activities to achieve team goals and provide excellence in customer service.
- Comply with HR performance management cycle and conduct formal reviews during the year as required.
- Comply with all HSF HR management policies.
- Supervise 6 IM personnel (with further growth in the portfolio expected over time).
- Scheduling and prioritizing of tasks in a fast-paced customer service-oriented environment to maximize end-user satisfaction and productivity.
- Work closely with Project sponsors (Directors, Sr. Managers and VPs/C-Level) through project efforts and systems enhancements.
- Manage resources and provide back up for vacation periods as required
Business Partner Relationships and Vendor Management
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure business and system needs support organization objectives.
- Promote collaboration, open communication and a common goals approach
- Assist with annual business planning and application support needs (licensing, storage, enhancements, etc.).
- Where applicable to Information Management, liaise with and manage external vendor partners to strengthen relationships and ensure the organization is represented professionally.
- Work with broader IT Team and business partners to define hardware, storage, network bandwidth and processing requirements as required.
- Adhere to the Foundation’s purchasing policies.
- Work as the key day-to-day contract for the multilevel vendor relationships associated with CRM (Blackbaud, Zuri, and others), to ensure that systems issues are effectively logged, reported, managed and ultimately fixed.
- Review contracts regularly to ensure service levels are being achieved and service levels are aligned with the Foundation’s needs.
- Work with Controller and/or legal counsel directly on specific high-risk contracts to find solutions that meet business needs and balance HSF exposure.
- Be an active participant in annual vendor reviews
- Provide budgetary input to support the Director of Information Management to effectively represent departmental fiscal planning.
General Support and Release Management
- Plan and manage the CRM Application upgrades and releases with vendor from planning through to testing and implementation.
- Support Application Architecture standards, deliverables on strategic platforms.
- Plan and manage changes to application, evaluate impacts and make recommendations to business partners.
- Monitor and assess emerging technologies and future direction of major application platforms, and provide recommendations on direction and timing for further investigation and deployment.
- Stay abreast of current and future technology(s) in the area of development tools, infrastructure interfaces, and interface design.
- Responsible for all relevant staff communications associated with the CRM system.
- DBA Manager
- BI Report Developer (2)
- Junior Application support analyst (3)
- Undergraduate degree (minimum) in Information Management, Computer Science or related discipline. An MSc (Computer Science) would be an asset.
Experience and Skills
- 7 years of experience with Enterprise CRM systems such as Blackbaud or similar related database and technologies.
- 7 years of experience in implementing/supporting/administrating on Microsoft SQL, SQL Server platform.
- 7 years of experience in leading data integration using MS SSIS or web services for enterprise solutions.
- 7 years of experience directly managing staff.
- Experience with SDLC.
- Experience with MS SDK and building apps or programming GUI.
- Experience in conceptual, logical and physical design in architectural disciplines.
- Experience with Active Directory, SQL, IIS, and Microsoft .NET
- Experience with providing exceptional support and customer service.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- Able to build and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Able to effectively interface with key internal customers at all levels to set and manage expectations across the organization.
- Able to understand business issues, needs, and/or opportunities and to design a solution that achieves business unit goals/objectives.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and present proposal
- Strong time management skills and prioritization skills.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations cover to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.