Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Senior Manager, Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Contact, Full-Time (10 Month Maternity Leave)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Are you a successful relationship builder who takes pride in partnering with key stakeholders to support their business objectives through comprehensive financial analysis and management information? If you have outstanding client relationship skills coupled with excellent financial analytical skills -- then this is the contract role for you!
Provide business support to the business units from a financial, budgeting and business perspective. This role will proactively assist managers on new initiatives and on current programs. The position will work closely with program managers and their respective Vice Presidents and is part of a team of financial analysts supporting planning within the Foundation. This position reports to Sr. Manager, Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis with no direct reports.
- Support business partners/departments (e.g. fundraising, support services) in the development of monthly budgets to facilitate meaningful variance analysis and cash flow projections
- Prepare analysis and regular reporting of financial results of business partners in partnership with stakeholders
- Perform detailed monthly variance analysis of business partner results, including key metric reports
- Provide expertise to improve data management and organization within the relational
- Design and create reports related to BI360 data warehouse as well as act as intermediary with technical teams to implement structural changes
- Provide financial modeling and analytic expertise on ongoing as well as new initiatives
- Set up the reporting required for any new business venture, working closely with stakeholders to ensure systematic, easy, efficient reporting
- Design and implement key reports for analysis of key cross Foundation projects
- Each of these projects may have many sub-projects all with financial implications
- Role is to be the business analyst assisting the managers and vice presidents managing these strategic initiatives
- Play a key role in special projects as required by Sr. Manager, Financial Planning, Reporting and Analysis
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as required
- Business degree, with preferably a CPA designation
Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience in financial analysis, planning and reporting
- Strong financial systems knowledge, including report writers
- Bilingual is required
- Knowledge of relational database and data warehouses built on Microsoft SQL platform base.
- Provide expertise to improve data management and organization within the relational database.
- Great Plains Dynamics experience an asset or knowledge of general ERP systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel spread sheet knowledge
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft Word and Power Point
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada