Position: Senior Associate Manager, Ride Corporate and Elite VIP
Reports to: Campaign Manager, Ride for Heart
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000(+) volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Would you like to join the sales team of Canada’s largest charity cycling, running and walking event and work at one of Canada’s most influential not for profit organizations? Do you have proven sales experience, strong interpersonal skills and a desire to be part of a strong team dedicated to helping end heart disease and stroke?
The role of the Sr. Associate Manager, Corporate Challenge and Elite VIP is to support the Campaign Manager in the effective delivery and development of the Ride for Heart program.
In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for leading and developing strategic alliances with key senior internal and external stakeholders in and around the GTA to support fundraising for Heart & Stroke’s signature GTA event. Maintaining key relationships with corporate leaders and VIP fundraisers is integral to the success of this role.
- Achieve fundraising revenue and business objectives through execution of acquisition and stewardship plans for Ride for Heart and Elite Segment
- Build and lead annual Elite engagement plan
- Provide superior customer service and develop solid relationships that lead to team completion and retention
- Develop and manage appropriate plans, critical paths, and budgets for Corporate Challenge
- Identify and qualify corporate leads through strong sales channels, research and development of key existing stakeholders
- Plan and implement best approach strategies to grow corporate fundraisers including strategic networking, delivery of inspirational presentations and planning meetings
Human Resources Management:
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing team of 2 direct reports
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a regular basis ensure goals are on track.
- Familiarize and comply with all HSFC Human Resources management policies Demonstrate the values and competencies of the Foundation
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, etc.
- Lead the development and management of business plans, budgets and financial outlooks
- Complete a detailed weekly review of metrics, revenue and key business indicators against budget and analyze and resolve variances
- Develop plans and tactics to support the growth of business
- Gather competitive information and identify potential opportunities and challenges in the Ontario corporate market
- Provide input and enhancement into the development of the annual Corporate/VIP recruitment, cultivation and stewardship strategies
- Support Heart & Stroke in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Geographic region of Toronto/GTA
- Fundraising revenue: > 2.4 Mil+ with high growth potential
- Relationships: 250+ Clients
- Competitive Challenge: complex
- Internal relationships: marketing, operations, corporate partnerships
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales in a leadership role with a proven track record of developing successful business relationships;
- Experience in B2B sales and/or account management within the not-for profit industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills; stewardship skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results; build and maintain effective relationships.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analytics, reporting skills
- Ability to plan and anticipate; problem solve and demonstrated sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi task
- Detail oriented;
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office; advanced excel knowledge
- Own vehicle with ability to travel within GTA
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.