Position: Senior Associate Manager, Corporate Activation and Stewardship
Reports to: Manager, Development
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent; Full Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives. ™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Corporate Partnerships team’s mandate is to identify, develop and steward provincial and national corporate partnerships in support of Heart & Stroke’s priorities. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for stewarding and maintaining strategic partnerships by managing the operations and day to day fulfillment activities of high value corporate partners, working with both internal program owners and external partners focusing primarily on sponsorship opportunities. The candidate will have significant corporate/donor engagement and event management experience and will provide support to HSF colleagues across Canada.
Corporate stewardship and activation, and supporter services
- Manage key partner relationships under the direction of the Manager, Development ensuring that the business objectives of both HSF and corporate partners are achieved
- Manage sponsorship budgets and critical paths, clearly outlining the key deliverables and the roles and responsibilities of the corporate partners and HSF teams
- Liaise with the key internal stakeholders, partners and their agencies to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship deliverables/contractual obligations
- Participate on internal working groups to execute event-based contractual obligations
- Ensure that the fulfillment requirements of all sponsorship agreements are met according to contracts and reported in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships
- Lead the communications with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the successful delivery of agreements and timely management of issues
- Serve as a front line representative of the Heart and Stroke Foundation with the public and corporate partners
- Execution of the fundraising and fulfillment plans to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Assist in identifying and supporting the acquisition, growth and retention of corporate partnerships to generate revenue based on identified key Foundation programs and priorities through corporate sponsorships and promotions
- Build and manage day-to-day relationships with corporate partners and internal stakeholders across the country
- Support Corporate Partnerships fundraising staff in meeting revenue targets and business objectives
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate partnership development and administration including contract negotiations and agreements, internal and external reporting and invoicing
- Manage creative review and approval process (internal and external) on behalf of sponsors and internal program teams
- Provide communication support to steward partner relations including but not limited to, briefing notes for senior leadership, thank you and acknowledgment letters and stewardship reports
- Ensure that the corporate guidelines are updated and adhered to by both internal stakeholders and corporate partners
- Ensure ongoing support of Corporate Partnerships colleagues across the across
- Managing relationships with 20+ clients with a value of $1,500,000+
- Located in Toronto, supporting HSF colleagues across Canada
- Post-secondary degree/diploma required, preferably in a related discipline (fund-raising or marketing)
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of direct experience working with corporate donors/clients/marketing client services in a complex results-oriented environment
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent relationship building , problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative, strategic and results-oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of business management practices
- Solid understanding of the marketing process
- Solid public speaking/presentation skills
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite
- Experience using database software (ie: Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce) considered an asset
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.