Position: Senior Area Manager, York
Department: Community Engagement
Reports to: Sr. Regional Manager
Status: Full time, Permanent
Location: York Area Office
The Community Engagement team is responsible for driving significant revenue growth through the community based programs and relationships. It is the team that plays a significant role at the Heart and Stroke Foundation in raising the funds that enable the Foundation to deliver its critical mission and reduce the impact of heart disease and stroke.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, flexible, and dedicated professional for the role of Senior Area Manager for our York (Aurora) office. Reporting directly to the Regional Director, Community Engagement, this role provides leadership and direction to employees at the York (Aurora) office to ensure that business plans are developed and implemented; area goals and objectives are met; and that the Heart and Stroke Foundation has a strong community presence. This position works to promote HSF's profile and mission.
Fundraising and Community Engagement
- Meet fundraising goals for the area office including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund raising program
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support fundraising opportunities
- Develop strategies for plans to grow community presence and reach through fundraising and health promotion initiatives
- Achieve all program benchmarks
- Support implementation of new National initiatives
- Develop strategies for strengthening volunteer structures to ensure increased delivery through volunteer resources
- Ensure the area office develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities
- Provide leadership to various committees
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Lead the development and management of area office implementation plans and financial outlooks and budgets.
- Develop and implement strategies for growing revenue and community presence through fundraising and volunteer development initiatives.
- Identify and analyze potential and opportunities for growth through effective business and strategic analysis; be prepared for weekly status update meetings
- Complete a detailed monthly review of area office spending, revenue and key business indicators against budget and ensure accurate and timely outlook, accounting and reporting of revenue and expenses and analyze and resolve variances.
- Strong accountability for results – taking action and ownership to address obstacles and overcome barriers, identifying possible options and alternatives and delivering results within tight timelines.
- Familiarize and comply with all Financial, Accounting, IT, Contract and Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Accountable for Health and Safety; understanding of Provincial Legislation.
- Develop and maintain organizational excellence in all aspects of area office operations and management.
Lead the development of an effective and high performing area office team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and Foundation values are maintained and that individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential. Specifically,
- Work with Human Resources to recruit skilled talent
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities
- Establish team performance plan; build a strong team and develop cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally.
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports on a regular basis ensure goals are on track. Comply with Performance review cycle and at a minimum, conduct two formal reviews during the year
- Familiarize and comply with all Human Resources management policies.
- Demonstrate the values and competencies of the Foundation through behaviours.
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
- Fundraising revenue: 1.9 M+
- Office supports: boundaries of York Region, Markham, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville and Vaughan ( Including Aurora, Newmarket, Keswick, Thornhill)
- Working environment complexity:
- Large urban center with high level of corporate relationships and community diversity potential
- Volunteer growth and development
- Work with diverse communities
- Accountable for area office staff.
- Direct Reports: 5
- Area Administrator and 4 Coordinators
- Contract staff based on fiscal year budget
Area office supports 2000+ volunteer canvassers and 50 Leadership volunteers. 180 +schools, 180+BBteams and 60 + VIE
Post-Secondary Education or degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of related experience in a results oriented business environment.
- 3 years of management or supervisory experience; leading, managing and coaching teams and achieving results through others.
- 2-3 years of proven success in meeting and exceeding fundraising revenue goals; sales experience; working in a metric driven environment.
- Implementing and executing established plans
- Volunteer development and management
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Exceptional customer service and stakeholder experience; understands key internal and external stakeholder objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering with business community events.
- Experience working in a field office environment.
- Possess superior organizational skills in planning, executing and completing projects by agreed to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a demanding schedule and to evaluate and prioritize activities and focus efforts against key business priorities that add value
- Business Smarts and Innovation; strong planning and implementation skills
- Strong relationship management and rapport building skills; able to influence outcomes, build persuasive arguments and gain support to achieve business goals.
- Strong team building and leadership skills; motivates, inspires trust and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to update and maintain database and extract information for forecasting and reports.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; able to identify issues and proactively search for solutions; make sound decisions and/or recommendations.
- Able to handle ambiguity; resourceful
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.