Position: Project Manager, Resuscitation
Reports to: Senior Manager, Resuscitation Operations
Location: Toronto Office
Status: Contract, Fulltime
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Project Manager will provide leadership for a strategic national technology project the “National Resuscitation Portal’ which aims to audit, explore, update and rebuild the existing portal targeted to both consumers and the HSF Instructor network. The National Resuscitation Portal project will also include Quebec-specific stakeholder requirements.
The Project Manager will assist Program experts in reviewing existing user journeys to better enhance user experience and accessibility of the Resuscitation Portal. Responsibilities for this role include: interfacing and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, timeliness of project implementation against established targets, cost-effective use of resources, budget, risk and communications/status management.
Project Management - Scope/Quality Management
- Create and review the vendor selection process (RFI/RFP), establish criteria and lead vendor demonstrations
- Provide recommendation of best fit vendor based on established criteria
- Gather and document business and system requirements as required
- Manage the requirements development phase of the project. Ensures that all stakeholders are involved and sign-off on the BRD (Business Requirements Document)
- Facilitate the definition of project goals and objectives
- Work with broader IT team to define hardware, storage, network bandwidth and processing requirements
- Source and investigate possible technology solutions, alternatives and options to meet business needs
- Ensure that all changes to scope follow the change management process and are either approved, cancelled or put on hold
- Manages the successful deployment and normalization of the project.
- Ensure that the support structure is in place to support the project following normalization
- Conducts a lessons learned at the end of the project. Document the learnings and ensure they are communicated and shared.
Project Management - Time/Budget Management
- Responsible for working with all impacted stakeholders to understand the project activities and document them in a project plan
- Management of the project schedule to ensure the project is delivered within the required timelines
- Identification and management of any project schedule risks/issues/dependencies
- Responsible for working with all impacted stakeholders to understand the budget impacts and documents them in the project budget.
- Obtaining spend forecasts from each group to measure how we are trending against the budget
Project Management - Resource/Risk/Change Management
- Ensures that roles and responsibilities are defined for all stakeholders on the project (including the identification of the core team, steering committee and extended stakeholders)
- Ensures that buy-in has been provided by the management team to ensure that the project resources are dedicated as required to the project. Raise any risks associated to resource issues
- Ensures that proper risk tracking is done on the project and properly communicated to the core and steering committee members for mitigation
- Responsible for the development and execution of the change management plan for the project
- Executing and managing user acceptance testing and QA
- Develops systems documentation and training plans
- Ensure satisfactory transfer all deliverables upon project completion
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of project management experience successfully delivering medium-large scale digital projects (websites/applications/mobile), working directly with design agencies and end-clients
- Experience working with and managing offshore development and vendors considered a must.
- Creating, designing or editing Entity Relationship Diagrams and Control Flow diagrams for technology applications and technology development or business analyst work experience would be considered a valuable asset
- Managing and balancing the needs and demands of multiple stakeholders and internal and external relationships
- Experience with CRM, CMS, Registration and Event Management applications, e-Learning tools, SSL, B2B, Basecamp, JIRA and Salesforce is considered an asset
- Familiarity with web technologies, experience with usability and GUI design principles
- PMP or formal project management training, an asset
- Familiarity with both waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Ability to lead multi-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish priorities amongst multiple business partners and projects
- Big Picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and follow-through
- Performs well under pressure. Shows diplomacy, tact and good judgment when conflict arises.
- Achieves high results through people
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard MS Office applications, MS Visio, MS Project
- English / French bilingual an asset.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter and include the url of the Heart & Stroke Resuscitation website/portal to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.