Position: Project Manager – CRM
Reports to: Director, Information Management
Department: Business Solutions & IT
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Contract - 18months
We are looking for Project Manager with extensive experience managing large scale systems projects. Working with external vendors and internal colleagues this role is key to deliver the effective execution of a best-in-class enterprise CRM for Heart & Stroke Foundation.
Reporting to the Director, Information Management, the CRM Project Manager, will deliver the phased deployment of provincial database conversions and successful integration into an enterprise CRM. This position will manage and coordinate a multi-phased and integrated project plan and implementation with the goal to provide excellent customer service for all Heart and Stroke constituents and support our organization goals.
In this dynamic position, you will be responsible for the project management processes from planning to execution of certain aspects of a National CRM solution. Responsibilities for this role include: interfacing and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, timeliness of project implementation against established targets, effective use of resources and risk and status management.
Project Management - Scope/Quality Management
- Facilitate the definition of project phases objectives and priority
- Manage the requirements and scope of each system and development phase of the project. Ensures that all stakeholders are involved and sign-off on the deployment decisions
- Ensure that all changes to scope follow the change management process and are either approved, cancelled or put on hold
- Manage the successful deployment and normalization of the project.
- Ensure that the support structure is in place to support the project following normalization
- Conduct a lessons learned at the end of each project phase. Document the learnings and ensure they are communicated and shared
- Gather and document business data and system requirements
- Work with broader IT team to define hardware, storage, network bandwidth and processing requirements
Project Management - Time/Budget Management
- Responsible for working with all impacted stakeholders to understand the project activities and document them in a project plan
- Management of the project schedule to ensure the project is delivered within the required timelines
- Identification, documentation, management and mitigation of any project schedule risks/issues/dependencies
- Responsible for working with all impacted stakeholders to understand the budget impacts and documents them in the project budget.
- Obtaining spend forecasts from each group to measure how we are trending against the budget
Project Management - Resource/Risk/Change Management
- Ensures that roles and responsibilities are defined for all stakeholders on each project
- Manage and coordinate vendor activities i.e. tasks, demonstrations, follow ups, sign offs
- Ensure that buy-in has been provided by the management team to ensure that the project resources are dedicated as required to the project
- Escalate any risks associated to resources and/or provide mitigation plan
- Ensure that proper risk tracking is done on the project and properly communicated to the Director and Senior Management
- Work closely with the CRM Communications Manager to provide timely information about the project upcoming and accomplishments
- Source and investigate possible technology solutions, alternatives and options to meet business needs
- Manage user acceptance testing and QA plans and execution
- Develop systems documentation and training plans
- Ensure satisfactory transfer all deliverables upon project completion
- Work closely with the Senior Business Analyst, Senior Manager, Business Sponsor, Steering Committee, Project Stakeholders, Project Team, IT/Apps Services and External Vendors to ensure successful project delivery
- Work with various business partners from across the country
- Community Engagement team
- Marketing and Development team
- Support Services (HR, Finance and Operations)
- Work with a national cross-functional core team to establish and maintain strong relationships and communications
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to establish priorities amongst multiple business partners and projects
- Project budgets $10K - $750K
- 5+ years of project management experience successfully delivering medium to large scale system projects (CRM/applications/online),
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- Experience with CRM, Financial Systems, Online Fundraising implementations (experience with Blackbaud CRM, Luminate-Team Raiser, MS Dynamics Great Plains considered an asset)
- Familiarity with Microsoft technologies, experience with relational databases and business systems process design
- PMP or formal project management certificate - an asset
- Ability to lead multi-functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working directly with external vendors
- A proven track record of achieving high results through people
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Big Picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and follow-through
- Performs well under pressure. Shows diplomacy, tact and good judgment when conflict arises.
- Proficiency with standard MS Office applications, MS Visio, MS Project
- Bilingual – considered an asset
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.