Position: Program Manager
Reports to: Director, Operational Excellence
Department: Strategy and Finance
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full time, Contract (3 years)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and dedicated customer centric operations professional for the role of Program Manager for the Community Hypertension Prevention Initiative (CHPI). Reporting to the Director, Operational Excellence with 3-5 direct reports, this individual will take a leadership role and ultimately be responsible for ensuring interested individuals enroll into the program and that they have a best in class experience which ultimately results in them improving their health.
- Actively engage and work collaboratively in the design process and work with partners and internal stakeholders to translate design outputs into operational plans
- Lead and execute multiple integrated, work streams, manage critical paths to ensure successful program launch and ongoing execution
- Recruit, hire, orient, manage and coach CHPI program staff
- Lead the development of a high performing team, aligned with Foundation values
- Manage the day-to-day activities of staff, assigning and directing work, providing mentorship and advice and overseeing work executed, resolving issues, ensuring ongoing work quality and monitoring workloads
- Plan and implement learning opportunities to support a culture of continuous improvement
- Monitor and evaluate team member performance in alignment with Foundation performance management process
- Oversee, recruitment, training and management of volunteers responsible for intake, return and participant engagement
- Manage participant intake functions, support coordinators in positively engaging volunteers to ensure program enrollment targets are achieved and activities are delivered in accordance with program objectives and guidelines
- Prioritize and escalate volunteer performance issues to Director, Operational Excellence for issue resolution or further escalation
Enrollment and Return Partner Logistics
- Coordinate and manage logistics with key operational partners for participant intake
- Collaborate with program marketing lead to support participant recruitment including execution of in-person / in-community marketing and intake events
Ongoing Program Partner Management
- Manage the day-to-day partner relationships to ensure that all program goals are met on time, on strategy and on budget
- Act as a central communication point, leading discussions with external partners to ensure deliverables are met
- Engage on-site (Toronto or Vancouver) with volunteers and community partners to ensure program activities are executed in accordance with program guidelines
- Prioritize and escalate partner performance issues to Director, Operational Excellence for issue resolution or further escalation
Evaluation and Continuous Improvement
- With the support of our Evaluation team and program partners, review dashboards, KPIs and conduct analysis on the performance of all elements of the program to identify areas for improvement.
- Report KPIs and program performance to key internal and external stakeholders
- Be the voice of the customer and our partners in order to identify areas for improvement
- Provide proactive operations leadership by identifying, communicating and leading execution on opportunities to improve program and participant experience
- Collaborate and innovate with key partners and volunteers to deliver best-in-class participant experience
- Program Coordinators (Toronto, Vancouver)
- Degree or diploma in health care, business, public health, health promotion (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- A masters degree in business, public health / health promotion would be considered a plus
- Certification in project management, operations or community services preferred
Experience and Skills
- 5 + years of related experience in program, health care delivery, client care or business operations
- 2 + years of supervisory experience; leading, managing and coaching teams Program, health care delivery, client care or line-of-business or functional accountability
- Experience with delivering customer centric process and programs through a distributed team on the ground would be considered an asset
- Experience managing complex client, partner or community relationships
- Experience managing to KPIs, objectives or outcome targets
- Experience implementing and executing established program or business plans
- Experience with managing volunteers would be considered a plus Detail-oriented with solid organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills in managing program, client care delivery or business operations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a demanding schedule and to evaluate and prioritize activities with focus on efforts to deliver against key program outcomes
- Demonstrated skills in effective team building and partner relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to present in front of groups of people
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office, Windows 7 Proficiency with Microsoft Project considered a plus
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca