Position: Program Experience Specialist, Social Enterprise
Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategy
Department: Social Enterprise
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full-Time, Contract (end date: July 30 2019)
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Heart & Stroke Foundation has collaborated with MaRS Centre for Impact Investing and PHAC to launch Canada’s first social impact bond in health care! The Foundation is leading the way in developing and bringing to scale an evidence-based, prevention-focused health program that leverages a rich ecosystem of digital technology and community programming.
By 2020, we are looking to enroll 7000 people into a life changing program focused on health awareness, hypertension prevention, and lifestyle changes. You will have a chance to have a high impact on the wellbeing of Canadians while introducing an innovative model to the country.
This program will play a vital and influential role within Social Enterprise at the Heart & Stroke Foundation. As a vital member of the Social Enterprise team, this role will have input into both the strategy and execution of this program. You will apply ‘big picture thinking’, organizational and problem solving skills, a passion for driving impact in health care, and be a key support in decision-making.
You will be responsible for acting as the primary point person with our digital health partners, focused on iterative and transformative design, as well as continuously improving the overall program experience. This is a cross-functional role that collaborates with senior management teams, fosters a culture of innovation across the organization, and seeks transformative opportunities beyond the program. This unique program allows you to have a direct impact on Canadians while gaining broad experience to unique challenges / opportunities in the social sector.
Experience Design & Execution
- Understanding the end-to-end program journey across all stakeholders, including our participants and partners
- Monitoring and evaluating engagement from a participant experience perspective, and identifying new opportunities for improvement
- Working very closely with our other work streams (marketing, partnerships, logistics, volunteer managers) as part of the team ecosystem
- Proposing and executing creative approaches to boosting engagement and measure the impacts while ensuring alignment with the program and organization goals
Project Planning and Management
- Identify critical milestones & dependencies across our stakeholders
- Deliver informative and solution-oriented presentations based on program results, stakeholder interviews, and general research
- Develop and facilitate channels to gather feedback, such as focus groups and interviews
- Consolidate feedback and data to drive ongoing learning and improvements
- Oversee that deadlines and commitments meet expectations with a high degree of quality and professionalism
- As applicable, connect with other key components of the organization / program design to ensure adherence to elements including policies, privacy and compliance standards, and best practices
- Mitigate risks and resolve issues through critical thinking skills, presenting options and potential solutions when needed
- Act as a primary point person to work with team members, subject matter experts, and/or external vendors for input, escalation and decision-making, and manage those activities
- Scope special project requirements and adjust project plans as needed; help team members anticipate and understand any changes and how it impacts work in progress
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with all appropriate stakeholders, including preparing briefing notes, meeting summaries and documenting decisions
- Assist other teams as a trusted partner and technical expert who can consult on, apply, and communicate about, consumer digital health design and approaches
- As applicable, contribute to organizational efforts related to annual planning, business case development and overall program design through benchmarking, best practice research, strategic analysis, vetting of referrals, assessment and optimization of action plans, conducting pre- / post-mortem and sharing of lessons learned.
- Post-secondary degree, ideally in applied health sciences, health informatics, or similar field.
Experience and Skills
- 3 years of project management experience in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Experience with data analysis, and leveraging data to communicate results, impact, and recommendations.
- Experience with developing recommendations, frameworks, and adapting to change.
- Nice to have: Experience with design thinking, strategy consulting, and user testing.
- Strong relationship building skills and collaborative working style, including the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams as well as all levels of management.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized, with analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word in particular. Visio and Access would be a bonus.
- Human-centric design, including end-to-end journey mapping and incorporating feedback from end users.
- Critical thinking skills coupled with being a strong communicator, pragmatic, and the ability to independently develop solutions.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.