Position: Program Coordinator, Jump & My Own Fundraiser
Reports to: Manager, Program Development – Jump & My Own Fundraiser
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full time, Contract (8 months)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Jump Rope for Heart and My Own Fundraiser are significant Community-based programs for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Jump Rope for Heart (JRFH) is a longstanding and successful in-school program and has been inspiring healthy habits among children for more than 36 years. My Own Fundraiser (MOF) is a program that enables individuals and teams to use their creativity and passion to support heart-health awareness and breakthrough research.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with some marketing experience to support the Manager, Program Development by providing program execution and administrative support for JRFH and MOF programs. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating and delivering on program development and central operations, to support campaign success and achievement of annual revenue targets.
- Planning and execution of key components of both Jump and My Own Fundraiser programs.
- Develop print materials, digital assets, field communications, training materials, emails, reports, customer support and other administrative requirements as agreed upon with the Manager,
- Assist the Manager, Program Development and Program Team by reviewing and editing various program materials along with obtaining necessary approvals and maintaining timelines (examples include training presentations, email content, website content, copy and other creative assets)
- Review and write copy for emails and other internal/external communications
- Gather and process data necessary to support email communication
- Work with internal partners to deliver digital content and other material for website and digital publications
- Write creative briefs for briefing of Marketing team
- Support review and testing of Jump and My Own Fundraiser websites
- Develop and run reports and conduct analyses as required
Program operations support
- Work cross-functionally with other department members, including Purchasing and Marketing
- Produce reports necessary to help manage operations (ex. inventory levels and customer service emails)
- Ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget
- Work with external vendor partners as required from time to time
- Provide input into field training materials, including website training
- Support field staff queries and questions, escalate to Manager as necessary
- Work within critical path timelines, including creative development, print and production, data management and other program execution needs
- Development of weekly team status reports
- Respond to requests from internal stakeholders, volunteers and donors
- Resolve questions coming from the field related to the Jump and MOF website
- University degree – Marketing focus preferred
- 1-2 years of marketing, program development or fundraising experience
- 1-2 years of project management experience would be an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce, Blackbaud) would be an asset
- Display initiative and teamwork
- Highly organized and ability to manage timelines to produce high quality work in a timely fashion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in English, both written and oral
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- PC Knowledge – Word, advanced experience in Excel Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, GoToMeeting
- Able to work occasional weekends and/or evenings during peak periods
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.