Position: Coordinator, Philanthropy - Ontario
Reports to: Senior Advisor, Philanthropy - Ontario
Department: Development - Ontario
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full time, Permanent
Working closely with members of the Development Team Ontario and volunteers, the Coordinator, Philanthropy provides important support for the major gift staff by providing project management, donor portfolio support, follow up on gifts of securities, pledges, donor stewardship, logistics/administration, and CRM compliance. The position will help to solidify stewardship, cultivation and solicitation functions and offer support for strong donor relationships. This role is responsible for maintaining operations and customer service practices relating to major gift donors both independently and as a team member.
Assist in the development and maintenance of effective partnerships with key stakeholders, including donors, H&S staff and volunteers. Foster a donor-centered approach in all initiatives related to the donor cycle. Identify opportunities for strong and effective cultivation and stewardship, and be an effective team player.
Focus particularly on:
- Assist in the donor retention and stewardship processes of the organization and Development Team.
- Be adept at identifying, exploring and implementing donor engagement opportunities.
- Implement, manage and track information related to major gifts and gift planning including gift coding, prospect information and moves management.
- Follow up with gift agreements and pledge payments to ensure proper stewardship and growth of the donor relationship.
- Assist the Development Team with information and support needed in order to properly identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors.
- Draft and edit correspondence and communications such as power point presentations, briefing notes, stewardship letters and reports, pledge reminders, discussion papers, case statements, press releases and letters of inquiry.
- Develop, monitor and maintain major gifts personalized information packages, containing mission-related material, i.e. pertinent research materials, health and advocacy information, video and/or web information specific to individual prospects and/or donors.
- Coordinate cultivation and stewardship events including management logistics, liaising with internal and external teams to negotiate required services pre-, during and post event, coordinating volunteers, event invitations, venue and catering.
- Assist in management of the Foundation’s stewardship and recognition procedures, including acknowledgment phone calls to donors.
- In conjunction with strategic writers, contribute to the development of communications vehicles, proposals, letters of intent, impact reports and materials in support of prospect cultivation and donor stewardship initiatives.
- Assist in developing highly personalized stewardship plans focused on individual donor’s needs and interests that are consistent with the impact of the gift.
- Connect donors with the Foundation’s products and services; demonstrate the ways their gifts are making a difference through handwritten notes, phone calls, and regular communications.
- Assist in coaching volunteers in an advisory and support capacity specific to Development Team events, meetings and programs.
- Assist in developing cultivation and stewardship plans for volunteers, evaluating effectiveness and performance of programs, and reporting on same, then adjusting strategies and priorities as required.
Logistics and Administration
- Assist in monitoring the process of gifts of securities and pledge payments and acknowledgments.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation, file management in CRM as well as generating reports that reflect this activity.
- Coordinate Fund Development Committee agendas, meeting notes, donor list reviews and campaign tracking.
- Travel throughout Ontario may be required on occasion
- Driver’s licence and use of reliable vehicle is an asset
- Occasional evenings and weekends required
Senior Advisor, Philanthropy, Ontario
- Development Team Ontario
- Internal stakeholders
- Meeting stakeholder expectations for high quality of work
- Managing internal and external partners
- Managing multiple priorities
- Accountable for coordinating the major gift team members and providing occasional back-up for Development Coordinator and Senior Administrative Assistant
- Accountable for delivering on project expectations
- Post-secondary education
- 3 years relevant experience
- Extremely detail oriented and skilled in accuracy
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to identify key priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment involving multi-tasking
- High degree of discretion required with confidential financial and personal information
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve in varied situations
- Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and Adobe Acrobat); experience in CRM databases is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and customer service
- Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.