Position: Manager, Marketing Operations
Reports to: Senior Manager, Lottery Strategy
Department: Lottery and Direct Marketing
Location: Toronto office
Status: Full time; Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This is an amazing opportunity for an operations and customer service oriented professional. The ideal candidate clearly understands how marketing campaigns are executed and can passionately support the operational, donor and customer service that contribute to the revenue used to benefit millions of Canadians affected by heart disease and stroke.
The Manager, Marketing Operations is responsible for effectively executing key logistical elements which contribute to successful campaigns in an accurate, timely and cost effective manner. Specific accountability is to support the lottery and direct marketing teams with process driven initiatives, overseeing activities such as donor services, lottery prizing, vendor management, regulatory and fulfillment.
Donor and customer service:
- Develop and deliver operational strategies to meet donor experience for Heart & Stroke supporters of the Lottery and Direct marketing campaigns
- Oversight and execution on customer and donor questions and comments through all channels including mail, phone, email, and social
- Oversee the development of all positioning content related to donors and lottery ticket purchasers enquiries for the marketing teams while working closely with the PR teams
- Build processes, scripts and responses to provide outstanding donor/customer experiences.
- Act as the first escalation point for donor enquires related to the Lottery and Direct Marketing campaigns
- Work with team members to add customer/donor centric view to inbound and outbound telemarketing scripts
- Work with external vendors to oversee all processes related to Donor Services and lottery prizing. For example donation receipts lottery prizes, lottery tickets
- Manage contract processing for direct marketing and lottery department including tracking, legal feedback, sign-offs, and initiating annual reviews
- For operational vendors, managing end -to-end contract process including contract negotiations for vendors, ensuring timely assessment of vendor relationships
- Own the day-to-day relationship with call centres, ensuring quality delivery, setting KPIs and cost effectiveness
- Provide call centres with accurate and up-to-date marketing and operational plans and work closely to ensure resources are available to support the plan
- Oversee invoicing and budgeting for Direct Marketing and Lottery teams
Lottery prizing and fulfillment:
- Oversee development, innovations and execution of ticketing and fund processing while ensuring compliance with gaming regulations
- Ensure all printed materials are compliant with customer capabilities
- Works with internal finance and/or vendors to ensure prizes are available to award inline with gaming application
- Oversee all planning and logistics of lottery draws
- Responsible for lottery prizing including procurement, budgeting, fulfillment
- Responsible for relationships of all prizing partnerships/vendors including negotiating best value and efficiency
- Drive efficiencies via overall lottery prizing strategy
- Builds critical path for all operational deliverables including Prizing, Auditing, Licence applications.
- Focus on risk management related to gaming licence
- The internal expert on all provincial gaming regulations including AGCO, digital vendors (Google, Facebook, etc.)
- Prepares and delivers documentation for the provincial Gaming applications and lottery close outs including securing, condition free, licences.
- Provides effective quality control to ensure all elements of the lottery comply with regulations and securing approval where required
- Engages legal team to ensure all plans/materials meet gaming requirements
- Leads the lottery close process, including working with Audit to ensure full compliance
- Continuous monitoring of the regulatory environment surrounding the lottery, including Gaming legislation, privacy and other regulations
- Ensure all regulations surrounding gaming are clearly stated in a customer centric manor in FAQs, website, legal, etc.
- Working as a central part of the team to raise awareness of changes in the regulatory environment
- Strategic understanding of the marketing team’s programs while adding in elements for success
- Coordinator, Donor Services
- Post-secondary, ideally in business.
Experience and skills
- 5-8 years’ of applicable experience within a dynamic marketing/business environment, preferable one that is highly regulated
- Ideal candidate has worked in a gaming or customer service environment
- Has managed external partner relationships
- Budget management experience to drive annual business plans and financial outlooks
- Policy compliance and regulatory experience
- Customer Service experience especially front line
- Team management experience required
- Strong analytical skills and insight
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong written and verbal skills especially in a customer service environment.
- French fluency an asset
- Critical path planning skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external cross functional teams and partners such as legal, finance, marketing and external regulatory partners
- Marketing mindset a must to ensure operations are aligned with execution of donor and lottery programs/campaigns
- What is done now but also build business cases and structures for the future
- Ability to work in a complex and high pressure environment
- Flexibility while maintaining processes and flawless execution
- Ability to accurately initiate, review and manage a high volume of material and ensure accuracy (right first time)
- Call Centre vendor management an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until May 18, 2018.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.