Position: Jr. Application Support Analyst (Online Fundraising)
Reports to: Director, Digital Technologies
Department: Business Solutions and Information Technology
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Contract (6 months)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Technologies, the role of the Application Support Analyst is to provide user support nationally to Heart and Stroke Foundation (HSF) staff and volunteers for the Foundation’s key online fundraising platforms. These applications are used to drive both event revenue as well as one time and monthly donations. The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that all technical issues and requests for support are handled according to the Business Solutions Service Level Agreements. This position will also be responsible for managing ongoing daily support, leading change requests and assisting with the implementation of new functionality releases.
- Triage and prioritize support tickets based on pre-determined service level and/or operational agreements
- Investigate, solve and/or determine mediations for incidents (technical, applications, database) where possible
- Provide support for access right requests and other general requests based on pre-determined procedures
- Escalate issues to specialized teams (technical, application, database, vendors and/or business partner teams), and inform necessary Executives of major issues in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service; including stewarding all customers (internal or external) on support tickets from start to close
- Use support tracking tools to maintain standards for response time and resolution
- Assist with testing of business and system requirements, hardware and software implementations, and website launches
- Bug/Enhancement identification & testing
- Data management: clean up, manipulation & analysis
Documentation and administration duties:
- Create/Maintain service catalogue, workaround library, access rights documentation and other technology support documentation/reports
- Create/Maintain end user training materials for common and/or known issues
- Reconcile revenue discrepancies between payment gateways and online platforms
- Train and/or supervise volunteers to assist with duties where necessary
- Provide backup for support team members
- Reporting directly to Director, Digital Technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related study
Experience and skills
- Experience with customer service and/or technology support/help desk related jobs
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office Suites
- Working knowledge with CMS platforms like Luminate Online, Blackbaud eCRM, , basic hardware, and various collaboration tools like Go To Meetings and Skype would be an asset
- Experience working with managed service partners
- Understanding of databases and software development environments
- Strong analytical skills in application diagnostics, issue isolation and troubleshooting
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly organized and with good time management skills
- Customer service oriented
- Good technical skills and willingness to learn
- Must be self-starting
- Team-oriented and contribute to the achievement of departmental goals/objectives
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible, result-oriented, driven and responsive
- Ability to exercise a high level of sensitivity and tact
- Knowledge of donor databases and database integration for websites, an asset
- Flexible with working hours and ability to adjust to various time zones
- Ability to work, manage and support from various locations if necessary
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.