Position: Information Management Data Analyst
Reports to: Sr. Manager, CRM Solutions
Department: Information Management
Location: Toronto, ON
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for solution oriented, passionate, and talented analyst to join our Information Management Team. The Information Management Data Analyst is responsible for data analysis and reporting from Heart and Stroke Constituent Relationship Management System (CRM). The position will work closely with the internal business partners to gather criteria to build data extractions and data lists to support Marketing efforts and campaigns. In addition, the Information Management Data Analyst will work on data processes such as data imports, data integration, data clean up, data analysis, segmentation and other project activities. The position will focus on building a range of data outputs from ad-hoc queries, data exports using Microsoft SQL server business intelligence tools and data warehouse solutions.
The role will collaborate within a multi-site team setting with a variety of stakeholders, including internal business partners and external vendors and suppliers.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Design, develop and deploy data outputs and reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and BI tools
- Ability to take raw data and provide summary analysis
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information in suitable formats such as extractions, reports, graphical, and pivots
- Perform data testing to ensure data accuracy and completeness
- Provide accurate estimate delivery time for solution to business partner
- Compiling, sorting and verifying data before it is imported into CRM database
- Troubleshoot and correct data upload and exceptions due to inaccuracies
- Provide end user support and work with external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Coordinate with external vendors to develop, setup, execute data transfer processes and improve the efficiency
- Assist in CRM configuration, set up, and development of standards as necessary
- Monitor scheduled jobs - status, investigate , troubleshoot and resolve issues to completion
- Perform end to end testing for system upgrades, application patches, customizations, and other features as necessary
- Contribute to system process improvement effort
- Document and maintain data requests, processing and data validation procedures
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation related to technical versioning and best practices knowledge
- Deliver solutions according to Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- As necessary, conduct specific training as needed.
- Keep well-informed of trends and best practices in the BI industry to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge as it relates to enterprise information.
- Bachelor degree or college diploma in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field
- 3+ years working experience in a data analyst role
- 3 – 5 years of MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experience importing and exporting data files in a variety of formats
- Expert level of working experience in XML and HTML code
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business workflows and processes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in not-for-profit and fundraising organizations preferred
- Expert knowledge and experience of MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Expert knowledge and experience of MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Strong knowledge and working experience of MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Strong Knowledge of SQL Server, query development and stored procedures
- Proven ability to identify and document business requirements and translate into useful reports and processes
- Demonstrated analytical skills to review, synthesize information and produce analytical reports
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and achieve objectives and deadlines
- Knowledge of and experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- An exceptional customer service attitude
- Results-driven and metrics focused with a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to partner with multi-disciplinary teams and vendors
- Previous experience with Blackbaud CRM applications, and/or MS Dynamics Great Plains considered an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.