Position: Implementation Specialist, East
Reports to: Manager, Reporting and Implementation
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
At Heart & Stroke, you can help make our vision a reality: Healthy lives free from heart disease and stroke. Our Community Engagement team is bold, supportive and passionate. We care about funding breakthroughs and building meaningful long term relationships with our supporters.
Are you looking to work in a fast paced, multi-priority and collaborative work environment, providing subject matter expertise to a fundraising team whose success is vital to fund our six mission critical areas and save the lives of thousands of Canadians each year?
In this role you will:
- Support and partner with our Community Engagement area office teams across the country (Ontario, Quebec and Eastern Canada) by providing subject matter expertise and program best practice sharing to support growth in key geographies
- Support the Manager, Reporting and Implementation with reporting, business metrics, monitoring and analyzing the performance of community programs in key geographies
Fundraising and Program Support
- Support program coordinators by providing subject matter expertise and strategic guidance for fundraising campaigns, focused on Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, and third party events (My Own Fundraiser) to ensure the aggressive growth of events and focused attention by staff year-round
- Influences internal partners to maximize collaboration with Philanthropy partners to elevate donors’ engagement and leverage Community programs to cultivate and steward prospective and current donors to expand outright giving
- Monitor and support implementation, specifically for key Area Offices, but also general trends and themes across the country. Liaison between field and program teams
- Supports Managers of Community Fundraising in monthly pacing meetings for key offices and on-boarding of new staff
- Support and lead components of quarterly strategy meetings for key offices
- Participates in Quarterly National Committee calls with program team
- Collaborate with RD to ensure successful implementation of programs
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Regions/AOs
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions to maximize current performance of Regions/AOs
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly performance of Regions/AOs
- Work with Program Managers to develop solutions to improve current performance of Regions/AOs
- Prepare reports/status as inputs into performance calls with Regions/AOs
- University degree or college diploma with a combination of relevant experience
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of recent related experience in fundraising, sales and marketing, training, customer service or account management.
- Proven success in fundraising, particularly in the area of peer-to- peer and event-based fundraising
- Excellent communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to relate to diverse groups of people and build strong internal relationships
- High degree of accountability to goals, teamwork and following best practices
- Proactive, self-motivated, resourceful and ability to influence others without direct authority
- Ability to navigate and work within a large, matrix organization with multiple stakeholders/partners and support the execution of national programs
- Strong technical abilities and experience working with a CRM database and online fundraising platforms
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve, offer solutions and exercise sound judgment
- Flexible and adaptable - able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting may remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.