Position: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Full time; Permanent
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives. That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives. Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The purpose of the position is to provide a range of administrative services to the Human Resources team in supporting HR initiatives and activities.
Employee Data Administration
- Supports the maintenance of Foundation organization charts.
- Supports new employee sign-up (e.g. prepares letters/memos, emails hire packages and distributes benefits cards).
- Supports the annual Code of Conduct communication and collection process
- Maintains HR employee files by way of photocopying, filing, etc.as needed
Department Administration and Customer Service
- Provides a range of administrative support for the Human Resources team including materials preparation, organizing and scheduling meetings, and other administrative tasks
- Provides support to the HR team for calendar management as well as general administration, meeting preparation and technical support
- Coordinates Human Resources meetings and trouble shoots meeting conflicts amongst HR team and other departments
- Develops, organizes and maintains centralized, confidential department filing systems, both electronic and paper-based for security, department access and easy retrieval
- Answers telephone or e-mail inquiries related to general Foundation information, policies or programs
- Responsible for department office supply orders
- Maintains department’s storage space (locker) and contents
- Prepares all outgoing items for shipping/courier and distributes all incoming mail (i.e. interoffice mail)
- Updates HR content on Intranet as required
- Recruits/supervises Human Resources Department volunteers to assist with office administration as required
- Maintaining records of new employee training
- Initiates, maintains and assists with the delivery of employee related programs and activities:
- Produces employee Anniversary letters
- Provides administrative support for Employee Recognition programs
- Assists Human Resources team with specific projects/programs as required
- Provides recruitment support to HR Managers by managing resumes inbox, posting positions on internal and external sites, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, following up with candidates and maintaining recruitment reports
- Responsible for preparing offer letters
- Responsible for managing relationships with external posting sites
Budget and Financial Coordination
- Process purchase orders, administrative claims and invoices as required
- Monitor, track and reconcile expense claims submitted to monthly reports as required
- Coordinate expense sign-offs and routing through Finance
- Coordinate the submission of information and entry of budget data into budget system
- Internal department relationships
- Across Administrative Assistant team
- With volunteers, clients and customers both externally and internally
- Managing many priorities and urgent requirements from multiple sources simultaneously
- Negotiating deliverables to support achievement of higher priority deliverables
- Understanding the diverse needs and priorities of the department in order to set appropriate priorities
- 3-4 years’ experience in an administrative and/or customer service position is a must
- Relevant education with a proven track record of success in an administrative role
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service orientation with strong organizational skills
- Energetic, positive and highly collaborative approach to working with others
- Flexible and able to support multiple people in a fast paced environment
- Discretion, ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Proven ability to manage heavy workload
- Experienced and highly proficient with various platforms including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
- HR experience an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved at Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca