Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Durham Region
Status: Contract, Full-time (10 months)
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a result driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Fundraising Coordinator, to work on the Heart Month and Person to Person Programs based in the Durham Area office. Reporting directly to the Senior Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving program goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
The role of the Fundraising Coordinator is to assist the Senior Area Manager in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke’s community based fundraising initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources.
In addition, the role is responsible to:
- Promote the organization’s profile and mission,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance prospect development and strong community and business relationships.
Business Management Accountabilities
- Creates initial contacts with community members with the goal of increasing presence by selling and promoting Heart & Stroke programs; liaising with current and potential contacts in order to maintain relationships and presence
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of fund-raising programs that may include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, Special Events and executing the Heart Month/Stroke Month (Person to Person) Campaign fundraising programs
- Ensuring that events are successfully implemented and fully completed within established guidelines and standards
- Assisting in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for fundraising activities
- Promotes, coordinates and delivers programs; weekly and monthly reporting
- Work with Senior Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution
- Promote Heart & Stroke’s image and mission as authoritative voice through information delivery and acting as a community resource
- Coordination of program prizing including determining appropriate prizes needed for events, ordering and maintaining inventory of prizes to bring to events
- Anticipates program participant needs and proactively searches for solutions to ensure participant expectations are met or exceeded
- Tracks program statistics and provides analysis of productively, including analysis of revenue; develops and submits project plans and ongoing reports
- Donation collection and processing; involves counting and reporting
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
Business Development Accountabilities
- Assist Senior Area Manager in identifying and developing and implementing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Assist Senior Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including coaching meetings, volunteer recognition and stewardship
- Prioritizes, identifies and initiatives contact with participants (current and new); including conducting warm and cold sales/presentations
- Support the area office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers to meet identified gaps in volunteer needs
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support meet fundraising goals
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs; scheduling and training volunteers
- Ensures effective volunteer cultivation, stewardship and follow-up to ensure the continued growth and success of programs
- Fundraising revenue: $ 328,000
- Supports geographic area: (Durham Region, Peterborough Area)
- Working environment complexity: mix of urban and rural geography, diverse communities
- Post-Secondary Education
- 2-3 years of related experience in fundraising, sales, marketing or administration
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit environment would be an asset including coordination and supervision of volunteers and event coordination experience
- Experience with cold calling and tele-recruiting
- Event planning and/or project management experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships; strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively promote and sell ides and/or programs along with excellent interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Goal setting and achievement orientated; time management skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills; ability to accurately enter data into a database program
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel throughout geographic area
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.