Position: Director, Resuscitation
Reports to: Chief Strategy and Financial Officer
Location: Any office in Canada
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Director, Resuscitation will lead the growth of a national Resuscitation Program that ensures we deliver top of class Resuscitation training programs to instructors and Canadians and that elevates HSF as the authoritative voice on Resuscitation in Canada. The Director provides overall strategic leadership, management and development of the Resuscitation portfolio to ensure seamless integration of mission and business objectives. The program is a growth priority for HS, therefore we are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead our team of employees and volunteers to help us reach the next level of success.
- Lead the development and implementation of a consistent Resuscitation Program that elevates HSF as the authoritative voice on Resuscitation in Canada.
- Develop and implement Resuscitation business strategy including roles, responsibilities, financial objectives and appropriate metrics and reporting.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual and multi-year Resuscitation operational plans
Business development and management
- Plan, monitor, measure, and report on Resuscitation business results.
- Work closely with members of the team and other organizational functions to identify and assess new business and product opportunities.
- Ensure effective and efficient planning, marketing, sales, and evaluation of Resuscitation materials.
- Lead the integration of processes, procedures, and systems required to ensure consistent delivery of Resuscitation programs across Canada to retain and grow satisfied and loyal HSF clients and instructors.
- Lead the development and negotiation of agreements as required with suppliers/distributors and ensure adherence to contractual obligations.
- Provide ongoing support for media and communications plans, working with Marketing/communications to ensure consistent branding of HSF in Resuscitation.
Stakeholder development and management
- Act as key contact with Corporate Engagement team to support all opportunities related to Resuscitation.
- Build strong and productive relationships with Senior volunteers, and suppliers of products and/or services.
- Contribute to the recruitment, and stewardship of expert volunteers.
Learning excellence and innovation
- Ensure HSF is aligned to current adult education platforms, methodologies and best practices
- Ensure HSF’s learning solutions and materials are designed, developed and delivered effectively in order to meet the current needs of HSF instructors and clients
- Ensure that HSF’s instructors deliver consistently high-quality learning experiences and oversee quality assurance.
Team development and management
- Recruit, develop, monitor performance and provide feedback to all Resuscitation staff.
- Ensure that staff is equipped to deliver Resuscitation mission outcomes and business objectives.
- Build strong relationships across functions to support achievement of the Resuscitation plan.
- Work with Human Resources as required for strong people management processes
Resuscitation policy and science
- Ensure the process/development of Resuscitation science policies and guidelines are consistently applied.
- Assist as required in the development of Resuscitation policy and “point of view” statements.
- Assist in the development of key messages and responses to media calls related to Resuscitation.
- Participate in, or lead, as appropriate, national advocacy initiatives.
Business standards and conduct
- Conducts oneself in a manner that ensures the integrity and image of the Foundation is upheld at all times, and complies with HSF policies.
- Supports a workplace of respect through contributing to a healthy, harassment-free environment supportive of the dignity, self-esteem and productivity of colleagues and volunteers.
- Depending on which office the incumbent works from, there may be frequent travel required for this role, including some international travel.
- Senior Manager, Resuscitation Services
- Senior Manager Resuscitation Operations
- Assistant Director, Resuscitation Programs
- Degree in health science or a related field is preferred.
- Degree Business Administration is preferred.
- Resuscitation science training is an asset.
Experience and skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience in leadership roles in adult learning organizations
- Strong business management experience, expertise in Marketing and Product Development
- Experience in adult educational technologies and instructional design
- Experience with change management methodologies, business models and sales management methodologies.
- Experience in creating a growth culture and an entrepreneurial mindset in teams.
- Experience developing and delivering effective presentations.
- Experience with launching large scale initiatives that include learning as core element.
- Experience with federal and provincial government relations is an asset.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in cross-functional management
- Ability to make, support and execute strategic decisions with a data driven/evidence based approach
- Proven ability to manage pipelines and build reliable sales/operational forecasts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating clearly, simply and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong digital fluency skills including the use of learning technologies, learning management systems and the integrated use of social media particularly as related to adult learning.
- Ability to influence, coach, motivate and delegate
- Ability to manage a demanding schedule
- Exercises a high level of integrity and ethical conduct
- Flexible/ adaptable, able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to foster collaboration and teamwork
- Results oriented, creative and flexible
- Demonstrated working knowledge and skill in the Microsoft Office Suite
- French language is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.