Position: Digital Team Lead
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director, Marketing Strategy & Digital
Status: Full time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Heart & Stroke recently underwent a significant digital transformation – one that is poised to create new experiences and enhanced connections with our constituent base. We are looking for a digital leader to take help us maximize this new environment and take us to the next level.
This position will lead the Digital Marketing team in the continued expansion of the digital channel to engage with supporters and other key target audience constituents. This individual will use their digital expertise, channel knowledge and experience to collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop relevant and effective digital strategies and plans.
Strategy Development, Planning and Management
- Lead the development of digital marketing strategies and plans on behalf of the Marketing team for programs and campaigns
- Develop comprehensive digital marketing plans to drive the business objectives of internal stakeholder groups. Including, but are not limited to: Website, SEO, Paid Search, E-mail marketing, Social media, mobile, e-health tools and display advertising
- Lead the optimization of the digital ecosystem to improve the consumer journey online while strengthening affinity with the cause.
- Provide strategic leadership around the development of the digital ecosystem leveraging a new CRM system
- Develop innovative new programs to drive on-line presence
- Work closely with business analyst to provide analysis, measurement and reporting for online marketing initiatives to support the needs of the program teams
- In collaboration with fundraising leads across multiple Heart & Stroke programs, drive comprehensive fundraising marketing strategy that will help drive revenue, retention, acquisition and relationship management of online supporters.
- Identify new opportunities to build engagement with site visitors to build a prospect pool of potential supporters.
- Build the Foundation’s digital marketing knowledge base by researching and sharing industry trends, competitive activity and new marketing opportunities.
- Act as first point of contact for departments across the Foundation for the purpose of digital marketing strategy
- Manage and sustain the internal and external business relationships necessary to support digital objectives.
- Work closely with the Business Solutions Team to ensure functional requirements, technology and testing meet the needs of the programs and integrate with various platforms across the organization.
- Help manage/work closely with content strategy leads and content drivers to ensure heartandstroke.ca continues to align with Foundation priorities while adhering to current content trends and forecasting for future growth and relevancy.
- Work with Foundation provincial and program leads to ensure website and social channels reflect their ongoing needs.
- Build and nurture good but constructive relationships with cross functional teams
- Work with external partners, consultants and associated volunteer advisory groups/committees to engage required expertise and direction in developing and/or implementing plans
- Lead the development of a highly effective team, ensuring high standards of delivery, competence and Foundation values are maintained and that staff is well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential.
- Providing clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Establish team performance plan; build a strong team and develop cohesive lateral relationships cross functionally
- Establish performance plan and objectives and review on an ongoing basis; provide coaching and feedback to direct reports as per the performance management process
- As required, recruit skilled talent in support of current and future needs, following policies, interviewing methodology and assessment guidelines.
- Familiarize and comply with all Heart & Stroke policies.
- Demonstrate the values through behaviours
- Ensure accurate administration of employee related information: absence records, vacation, title, etc.
Operations and Budget Management
- Lead the development of the annual business plans and budgets related to the digital campaigns.
- Monitor campaign delivery against plan, identify contingencies, deviations, omissions, risks, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Familiarize and comply with all financial, contract and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure supplier relationships are properly established, clearly documented and managed in accordance with Contract and Purchasing Policies.
- Ideally a B.Comm or MBA designation
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 7+ years digital marketing strategy experience
- Previous experience in digital fundraising a plus
- Possess understanding in the areas of web development, database and system design, CRM, marketing automation and social media
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills
- Exceptional planning and project management skills
- Proven customer service skills and demonstrated relationship building skills
- Proven high level of creativity and ability to innovate and build
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate others
- Solid strategic thinking and analytical oversight skills
- Self-starter/shows initiative
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong influence, persuasion skills
- Understanding of the Not for Profit category is a plus
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found .Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved at Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca.