Position: Coordinator, Conference and Meeting Logistics
Reports to: Manager, Conference Planning and Operations
Status: Permanent, Part-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who can work with our team to coordinate event logistics and onsite delivery for Canadian Stroke Congress and Heart & Stroke Clinical Update. In addition, the Coordinator will support planning and logistics for key Heart & Stroke mission meetings and events. In addition to being a team player, attention to detail and a commitment to customer service are essential.
General Event Planning Coordination and Delivery
- Supporting logistics for medium to large meetings that require external space and travel arrangements, including space planning, audiovisual, WiFi, food and beverage, and accommodations. Meetings may include Advancing Women’s Heart and Brain Research Steering Committee and MCA Councils.
- Managing centralized travel points and accounts and internal usage.
- Actively participating in the event planning work group that is tasked with increasing efficiency for professional education events across Heart & Stroke.
- Coordinating travel arrangements for Senior Manager, Knowledge Exchange and employees and senior volunteers (including program committees and speakers) attending Canadian Stroke Congress, Canadian Cardiovascular Congress and Clinical Update in collaboration with Heart & Stroke’s preferred travel provider.
- Coordinating Heart & Stroke booth and assets for Canadian Stroke and Cardiovascular Congresses, including onsite coordination of volunteers and employees.
- Coordinating show services for the Canadian Stroke Congress exhibition hall.
- Managing updates for the event planning pages on the Heart & Stroke website.
- Managing and updating event apps for Canadian Stroke Congress and Clinical Update.
- Supporting the development of the schedule of events for the CEO and Chief Mission and Research Officer while at Canadian Stroke Congress and Canadian Cardiovascular Congress.
- Related college diploma in event management
Experience and skills
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in project management, event planning and conference management. Work experience within not-for-profit sectors is an asset.
- Close attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong relationship, organizational and communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with external stakeholders.
- Superior customer service skills; able to respond to customers with solutions that are needs-based, effective and measurable.
- Self-motivated and accountable for results through focused attention on achieving goals while positively supporting the needs and goals of others.
- French language proficiency is an asset.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com . We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until March 9, 2018.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.