Job Title: Coordinator, Community Fundraising
Reports to: Manager, Community Fundraising
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Peel Area Office
Status: Permanent, Full Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a result driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Coordinator, Community Fundraising, to work on the Jump Rope for Heart Program based in the Peel Region and reporting into the Peel Area office. Reporting directly to the Manager, Community Fundraising, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving program goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment
The role of the Coordinator, Community Fundraising is to assist the Manager, Community Fundraising in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke’s community-based fundraising initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources.
In this role you will:
- Promote Heart & Stroke’s (H&S) mission, and invite others to become involved with our foundation in a way that is meaningful to them
- Develop, maintain, engage, recognize and grow volunteer partnerships and community supporter relationships
- Execute H&S fundraising programs with excellence and in alignment with our organizational values
- Coordinate and execute community based fundraising activities by stewarding and building relationships within the community.
Fundraising & Revenue Generation
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by planning and executing fundraising programs which may include, but are not limited to, Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, Heart & Stroke Canvass and My Own Fundraiser
- Proactively approach and create initial contact with community members with the goal of acquiring new local corporate participation, sponsorship, individual donations and auction items
- Maintaining excellent relationships with established supporters and liaise with prospects to maximize all available opportunities for partnerships and revenue growth
- Develop profiles on top [businesses/organizations/schools] within the community and create a written plan to secure their involvement
- Plan and execute national H&S fundraising programs, following guidelines and best practices proven to help you be successful and ensure maximum return on investment
- Work closely with the Manager, Community Fundraising and Program Team to manage a promotion/ communications plan for each event
- Deliver a variety of presentations and kick off events to workplaces, community groups and schools
- Support and inspire event organizers, participants and volunteers so they can be successful in their desire to support Heart & Stroke; Assist teams and individuals with online fundraising
- Anticipate program participant needs and proactively search for solutions to ensure participant expectations are met or exceeded
- Monitor program statistics, analyze the results and work with your Manager, Community Fundraising to proactively plan specific next steps to positively influence fundraising results and relationships
- Prepare operational plans, weekly summaries and reports for Manager, Community Fundraising
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support achievement of fundraising goals
- Support the implementation and execution of new National initiatives
Community Engagement & Volunteers
- Attend and actively participate in local networking, community and health-related events to enhance H&S community presence
- Lead cultivation and stewardship activities for all supporters, to ensure continued growth and success of fundraising initiatives
- Create an excellent experience and positive interaction for all who are involved with Heart & Stroke
- Recruit, develop, train and work alongside an appropriate mix of volunteers to support fundraising and community engagement activities
- Together with the Manager, Community Fundraising, develop plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings, volunteer recognition and stewardship
- Supporting the Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon), Milton and Halton Hills
- Fundraising revenue: approx..$ 325,000.00
- Relationships: Multiple Community Stakeholders (approx.. 100 schools), Event Volunteers
- Competitive Challenge: mix of urban and rural geography, diverse communities
- University degree or college diploma with a combination of relevant experience
Experience and Skills
- Three to four years of related experience in fundraising, sales and marketing or account management
- Volunteer engagement and experience working with diverse communities
- Experience and comfort developing new relationships and fundraising opportunities
- Event planning, coordination and/or project management experience would be an asset
- Proven success in fundraising, particularly in the area of peer-to- peer and event-based fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to effectively promote opportunities and partnerships along with excellent public speaking/ presentation skills
- Proven ability to relate to and engage diverse groups of people.
- High level of ownership, and accountability to goals, teamwork and following best practices
- Proactive, self-motivated and resourceful
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong technical abilities, computer skills and experience working with a CRM database and online fundraising platforms would be an asset
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel throughout service area
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.