Position: Community Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Associate Manager, Special Events and Community Operations
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Would you like to join one of Canada’s most influential not for profit organizations? Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a strong, dynamic and focused team? We are looking for an exceptional Community Operations Coordinator with strong Customer Support Service skills to support the overall operation, administration and customer support services for Heart & Stroke’s Community Engagement team. This department drives significant revenue growth through community based programs and relationships. This is a team that plays a substantial role in raising the funds that enables Heart & Stroke to deliver its critical mission and reduce the impact of heart disease and stroke.
The Community Engagement department is responsible for the development and delivery of the Foundation's fundraising programs and for the execution of health promotion programs province wide. The role of the Coordinator is to assist the Ontario Community Engagement Regional Director team, with the strategic analysis of Heart & Stroke’s community based fundraising by providing data to support performance of fundraising programs at the area office and provincial level. The Coordinator will also provide back office operations support to internal and external Ontario stakeholders.
Data management support
- Collects, inputs, and compiles data specific to the core Community Fundraising Programs in Ontario
- Collects and interpret data specific to the performance of fundraising programs at both the area office, regional, and provincial level
- Maintains Access Database of Ontario metrics
- Builds/Maintains daily reports based on business needs using Excel/Access/Web databases
- Builds forecasting models to understand how current/historical performance may impact programs
- Assists with the development of ad hoc business analysis projects as requested
- Supports Ontario Regional Directors with daily, weekly and monthly reporting in Ontario
- Analyzes data from multiple databases to provide insights into program strengths and opportunities
- Assists Ontario Regional Directors in monitoring implementation of fundraising programs and identifying risk
- Assists in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for community fundraising and business relationships
- Work with Ontario Regional Directors to develop or adjust implementation plans
- Supports Ontario Area Office teams by setting up communication, ensures external relationships are managed seamlessly for core fundraising program operations (i.e.: Big Bike schedule and logistics, website support)
- Provides administrative support for Ontario Regional Directors (meeting organization, logistics, budget and expense claims)
- Oversees relationships with vendors (i.e.: Ontario Call Centre) to ensure successful execution of established processes and procedures
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems
Managing the business
- Demonstrate Customer Focus by anticipating customer's needs and proactively searching for solutions to ensure customer's expectations are met or exceeded.
- Ability to demonstrate Business Smarts and Innovation by drawing quickly from a repertoire of knowledge, skills and resources to identify, analyze and evaluate problems, issues and/or opportunities
- Proven track record of being results focused to consistently achieve and surpass business targets and objectives
- Ability to provide website support to Ontario Community Engagement internal and external stakeholders
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate
People management accountabilities:
- Manage, coach and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals.
- Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth.
- Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma;
Experience and skills
- Strong working experience with Excel / Access
- Knowledge of web based reporting systems
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce, Blackbaud) would be an asset
- Display initiative and teamwork
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in English, both written and oral
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of database applications
- Proven administration experience and skills
- 1-2 years of related operational work experience preferred
- Proficient PC skills and website content management knowledge
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
- Able to work weekends and evenings during peak periods
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.