Position: Bilingual Fundraiser Coordinator, Ottawa
Reports to: Senior Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Heart and Stroke Foundation:
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000(+) volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a result driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Area Coordinator, to lead the Jump for Rope & sub support other fundraising initiatives. Reporting directly to the Senior Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
The role of the Area Coordinator is to assist the Senior Area Manager in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada’s community based fundraising and health promotion initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition the role is responsible to:
- Increase the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance strong business relationships.
Business Management Accountabilities:
Creates initial contacts with community members with the goal of increasing presence by selling and promoting Hear & Stroke programs; liaising with current and potential contacts in order to maintain relationships and presence.
Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of fund-raising programs that may also include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, Third Party events and executing the Heart Month (Person to Person) Campaign fundraising program.
Promotes, coordinates and delivers programs: weekly and monthly reporting
Work with Senior Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event recruitment, maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution.
Promote Heart & Stroke’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
Anticipates program participants’ needs and proactively searches for solutions to ensure participant expectations are met or exceeded.
Tracks program statistics and provides analysis of productivity, including analysis of revenue; develops and submits project plans and ongoing reports.
Donation collection and processing; involves counting money and reporting.
Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People Management Accountabilities:
Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers to meet identified gaps in volunteer needs.
Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs; scheduling and training volunteers.
Ensures effective volunteer cultivation, stewardship and follow-up to ensure the continued growth and cusses of programs.
Business Development Accountabilities:
Assist Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings, volunteer recognition and stewardship.
Prioritize, identifies and initiates contact with participants (current and new); including conducting warm and cold sales/presentations.
Support the area Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives.
- Supporting the geographic region of Ottawa/Outaouais
- Fundraising revenue: $375,000
- Relationships: Multi stakeholders, community event organizers, leadership volunteers,
- Competitive Challenge: Complex bilingual environment. Mix of urban and rural geography
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma;
- 2-3 years of related experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit environment would be an asset including coordination and supervision of volunteers and event coordination experience.
- Experience with cold calling and tele-recruiting
- Demonstrated ability to plan for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships; strong communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Goal setting and achievement orientated; time management skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills; ability to accurately enter data into a database program
- People management experience an asset
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong public speaking skills; comfortable with speaking in front of large groups and engaging the public
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast paced , ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities.
- Must be bilingual
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required
Access to own vehicle and ability to travel throughout Ottawa area
Heavy lifting might be required at times.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved at Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca