Position: Associate Manager, Program Development – Peer to Peer
Reports to: Manager, Program Development – Peer to Peer
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Peer to Peer program is a significant Community-based program for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. For six decades, Canadians have been giving their time to help save lives by joining the Heart & Stroke Canvass. What began as a modest door-to-door campaign in Kingston, Ont., by local doctors, has grown to nearly 90,000 who join to volunteer across Canada, with a goal to raise $10 million annually to support heart-health awareness and breakthrough research.
Heart and Stroke is seeking an Associate Manager, Program Development – Peer to Peer to provide program planning, execution and strong support for the Heart & Stroke Canvass campaign. The Associate Manager, Program Development is responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering on program development and central operations, to ensure campaign success and achievement of annual revenue targets.
Program Development – Strategic Input
- Working with the Manager, Program Development:
- Provide input to program plans including strategies, tactics and executional considerations
- Develop contingency plans as necessary to achieve goals
- Plan and execute pre-defined components of the program
- Develop innovative ideas for testing so as to reduce costs and drive revenue
- Identify best practices in the industry that could be tested and integrated into the program
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the target market and other stakeholders
- Execute surveys and research requirements
- Provide reports and conduct effective analyses to inform decision-making and business planning (and contingency implementation, if necessary)
- Review processes and investigate efficiencies to support current and future business needs
- Assist with development of online/offline bilingual materials, communications and other tools
- Ensure high quality, relevant and timely communications with various stakeholders
- Establish agreed-upon approval process and obtain sign off on plans and communications
- Act as a member of the Heart & Stroke Canvass website development team to ensure smooth transition of website and create constituent resources for the website
- Support website testing and monitoring for improved user experience
- Assist in delivering and executing online strategies including website, email, social media
- Lead email writing, list preparation, deployment and key member for e-Communications plan
- Proactively investigate opportunities and handles any issues, working closely with key stakeholders
Program Operations Support
- Work with vendors and internal partners to ensure that all project deliverables are met on time, on strategy and on budget.
- Lead discussions with internal and external partners to ensure mutual alignment is maintained
- Attend briefings, research discussions, focus groups, ideation sessions etc. as required
- Collaborate with the Business Analytics, field and other teams to gather and analyze data from previous executions, stakeholders, the competitive landscape, key metric and financial performance and market trends to bring forward insights and identify national and local opportunities.
- Lead the fulfillment process with the purchasing team, forecasting, prototyping, printing, kitting, write-offs, inventory replenishment and field communication. Communicate direction and decisions, seeking input from Manager and other stakeholders.
- Analyze current and new processes and systems to improve productivity
- Coordinate mass mailing activities such as appeal letters, emails and thank you letters
- Provide input into field and volunteer training materials, assist in delivery of training as needed
- Manages the execution of program promotions
- Reconciliation of monthly internal financial reports, day to day review and approval of all estimates and invoices, and outlook reports
- Manage critical paths, including program master timeline, creative development, print and production
- Ensure strong and clear communication with the field team and other teams including weekly updates with internal communication channels
- Ensures program resources are updated on internal SharePoint site for field teams
- Manage data requirements to ensure accuracy and compliance with privacy
- Other administrative and support functions as necessary to deliver programs
- University degree
Experience and Skills
- 1-2+ years of previous work experience in marketing, communications or fundraising
- Project Management preferred – 1-2 years’ experience
- Program Development and Fundraising experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence outcomes
- Superior organizational skills in planning, executing and completing projects by deadlines
- Self-Motivated, works independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Big picture thinking with absolute attention to detail and follow through
- Results driven and metrics focused with a passion for continuous improvement
- Focused and committed attitude to drive processes and achieve results
- Track record of solid working relationships with teammates and other stakeholders
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Sound judgment, ability to think creatively and excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as, presentation skills
- Working knowledge of website development, email, digital and social media
- PC Knowledge – Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Go To Meetings
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.