Position: Associate Manager, Direct Marketing Campaigns
Reports to: Manager, Direct Marketing
Department: Marketing and Communications - Direct Marketing
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent, Full time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Working closely with a core team that includes the Manager, Direct Marketing and Coordinator, Direct Marketing, this role will be responsible for supporting the implementation and execution of all direct mail campaigns. In addition, the integration of other channels and select campaigns may be necessary. The incumbent will assume responsibility for the direct mail campaign lifecycle at the creative development stage and will support the Manager, Direct Marketing. Keen attention to detail and ability to handle multiple, competing demands on a consistent basis are core skills necessary for this role. In addition, experience communicating with multiple internal and external stakeholders is considered an asset.
Campaign planning & execution
- Supports the end-to-end direct mail campaign process through handoff from the Manager, Direct Marketing at the creative brief stage to handoff to Coordinator, Direct Marketing for production
- Acts as central stakeholder and contact for creative approvals and feedback through Direct Mail approvals process
- Works closely with Coordinator, Direct Marketing during periods of heavy campaign approval and feedback volumes, and ensures timelines for all DM campaigns are executed and enter market on time
- Ensures all internal program owners and stakeholders – primarily Managers of Digital Fundraising, Monthly Giving and Mid-Level Giving – are supported on all direct mail-related channel integration points
- Manages the creation of critical paths for all direct mail campaigns, including gathering key dates from external vendors and internal production and procurement department
Supports Manager in researching competitive market trends in direct mail and multi-channel fundraising
Strategy and campaign management
- Assists in creative briefing documents and actively participates in campaign kickoff meetings with key team members and agency partners at the initiation of each campaign
- Develops and manages critical paths for each campaign, and ensures that channel strategies align for all multi-channel initiatives
- Ensures campaign deliverables are met, according to work back schedules, and keeps the Manager(s) and Director, DM apprised of any significant delays that prevent campaigns from entering market on scheduled date(s)
- Provides relevant information and support to Coordinator, Direct Marketing, Coordinator, Digital Fundraising and Associate Manager, Database Marketing in the development of campaign post-mortem and wrap-up documents
Internal stakeholder relationships & vendor management
- Build, manage and sustain the internal and external business relationships necessary to support the multi-channel Direct Marketing Program and its objectives
- Works across the organization to keep informed of other Foundation programs and activities to identify opportunities for communications through the multi-channel Direct Marketing Program
- Manage needs of national stakeholders from a project management perspective as they key contact for the multi-channel Direct Marketing program
- Keeps Managers and Director, informed regarding any program issues and possible resolution options
- Assists in the smooth hand-off and transition of deliverables to Coordinator, Direct Marketing and the Coordinator, Digital Fundraising at the appropriate stages of campaign workflow, and continues to manage on-time deliverables after hand-off.
- Bachelor’s degree
Experience and skills
- Minimum 3 years of direct response marketing experience required, with a solid understanding of best practices in mail, digital and telephone marketing
- Solid experience and understanding of the ‘direct response process’, scheduling and production
- Experience managing the creative development process
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to oversee and execute on complex annual program campaign schedule(s)
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal effectiveness skills
- Understanding of customer file segmentation and strategic planning based on ongoing interactive communication
- Knowledge of techniques required in growing a database or customer file
- Strong editing, creative and/or copy skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of French language is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.