Position: Associate Manager, Development
Reports to: Manager, Development
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Associate Manager, Development is responsible for supporting the activation and stewardship efforts through the execution of projects/events and relationship management activities for the partners and donors across the country. The Associate Manager, Development will be the activation and stewardship lead for a portfolio of the Foundation’s small to medium sized corporate partners and donors, ensuring thoughtful relationship management and timely fulfillment of requirements. This position also supports the team in building sellable assets and opportunities for Provincial Development leads. Developing offerings that will meet the objectives of prospective corporate partners and donors is a key activity in generating revenue for this line of business.
Activation and Stewardship
- Contributes to the preparation of detailed briefing documents in advance of meetings or calls where partners are involved
- Manages critical paths, clearly outlining the key fulfillment deliverables and the roles and responsibilities of corporate partners, donors and HSF teams
- Liaises with key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of deliverables / contractual obligations
- Contributes to the creation of compelling and personalized stewardship and activation plans for corporate partners and donors
- Produces persuasive stewardship reports that drive partnership renewal/donor reengagement and include qualitative and quantitative elements
- Supports the development of thoughtful correspondence, including but not limited to:
- Thank you letters
- Congratulatory letters
- Actively manages projects such as, stewardship reports, statements of work, various program activation and stewardship plans, to ensure they are on time and budget
- Coordinates internal approvals at all levels of the organization in a timely and efficient manner
- Executes accurate invoice and expense administration and reconciliation
- Catalogues project/partnership deliverables and creates workback schedules as required
- Act as the Activation & Stewardship lead on particular Heart & Stroke programs, as a representative for the team and source of current knowledge and opportunities
- Ensures central file repository is kept current with the latest information
Post-secondary education, in business or marketing preferred
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years relevant experience in marketing, communications, major gifts or account management
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Detail oriented and skilled in accuracy
- Proficient in relationship management
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to identify priorities
- Collaborative and results-oriented
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment involving multiple tasks and critical deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with a fundraising database is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in corporate partnerships, major gifts and business development is an asset
- Knowledge of French is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.