Position: Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Department: Development, Ontario
Location: Toronto, ON
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
The Corporate Partnerships Ontario Team focuses on developing partnerships with companies with head offices in Ontario to maximize revenue opportunities for the Foundation. The role of the Associate Manager, Corporate Partnerships Ontario is to source, qualify, cultivate, solicit and close new fundraising opportunities while working closely with Team Central to activate and steward existing partners towards renewal as a means to grow the business. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing partnerships with corporations and brands that will support the Foundation’s fundraising, research and health promotion initiatives, focusing primarily on sponsorships, employee giving campaigns and cause-marketing programs at the mid-size prospect level.
Revenue Development (30%)
- Achieve revenue, renewal and business objectives for corporate sponsorship, cause related marketing programs and employee giving
- Support the acquisition, growth and retention of corporate partnerships to generate revenue based on identified key Foundation programs and priorities through corporate sponsorships
- Solicit and secure corporate support for events and programs in Ontario including the Ride for Heart, Big Bike, cause related marketing programs, mission-based and professional education events
- Conduct presentations and lead prospect meetings with assigned corporate accounts
- Work with internal stakeholders including Major Gifts, Team Central, Mission, Marketing, Communications and Community Fundraising to develop proposals and presentations to secure partners
Account Management (40%)
- Lead the development and implementation of best in class activations and stewardship of partners by working collaboratively with internal stakeholders including Team Central, Mission, Marketing, Communications and Community Fundraising
- Ensure that the fulfillment requirements of all supporter agreements are met according to contracts and stewardship plans
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships
- Coordinate the communications with Internal partners to ensure the successful delivery of agreements and timely management of issues
Program Administration (30%)
- Track all prospecting and account management activities with partners in CRM database and other reporting as required
- Gather competitive information and identify potential opportunities and challenges in the corporate marketplace
- Ensure adherence to the Corporate Partnerships policies and guidelines
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate program administration including contract development, invoicing and tax receipting
- Post-secondary education in business administration, not for profit fundraising and/or marketing
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of not for profit fundraising and/or account management experience
- Knowledge of the sponsorship and corporate giving landscape is required
- Demonstrated results in managing clients and/or experience in sponsorship and fundraising
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences
- Superior organizational, project management and resource management skills
- Self-motivated, with sound judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Superior interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Collaborative and results-oriented
- Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM software is an asset
- Significant amount of activity outside of the office in meetings with prospects and volunteers
- Travel: Driver’s license and use of reliable vehicle is required
- Frequent travel throughout GTA and occasional travel throughout Ontario is required
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.