Position: Area Coordinator (Third Party Events)
Reports to: Senior Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a results driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for a business development role to work on the Heart and Stroke’s My Own Fundraising (MOF) program (i.e third party events) based in the Toronto Area office. Reporting directly to the Senior Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and supporting the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by identifying and building key relationships within the community and providing the resources and awareness to deliver on program goals. Your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
Business Management & Development:
- Meet annual fundraising goals by supporting the acquisition, development and execution planning of third party event initiatives while occasionally providing support to Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, and the Heart Month (Person to Person) Campaign fundraising programs
- Work with Sr. Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that may include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution when required.
- Promote HSFC’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Assist in identifying, developing and implementing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships,
- Assist in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including coaching meetings, volunteer recognition and stewardship
- Prioritizes, identifies and initiatives contact with participants (current and new); including conducting warm and cold sales/presentations
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
- Support the area office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
People Management Accountabilities:
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs
- Post-Secondary Education
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years of related experience in fundraising, sales, marketing or account management
- Previous experience in a not-for-profit environment would be an asset including coordination and supervision of volunteers and event coordination experience
- Experience with cold calling
- Event planning and/or project management experience would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively promote, sell the mission and/or programs along with excellent interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem solve and exercise sound judgment
- Goal setting and achievement orientated; time management skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills; ability to accurately enter data into a database program
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
This role would require access to own vehicle and the ability to travel throughout the geographic area. In addition, working during peak periods - evening and weekend hours, as required
Please forward your cover letter and resume and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstoke.ca. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.