Position: Accounting Assistant
Reports to: Manager, Accounting
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: Full-time, Contract
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
This role will provide accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Manager and accounting staff through assisting with data entry, and assistance entering accounting transactions into Great Plains.
Accounting & Accounting Support
- Management and administration of the contract process
- Prepare and oversee daily deposits and entry into the accounting system
- Generate and distribute month end financial reports and executive presentations
- Enter the travel expenses incurred through the travel booking system and associated credit card in Great Plains
- Reconciliation and accounting entries required of the clearing account employee credit cards are processed in
- Assisting and providing backup to the receivables, banking and inventory teams with entries as required
- Assist with CRM implementation
- Filing as required
- Post-secondary, college accounting diploma, or other equivalent experience
Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years accounting experience
- GAAP knowledge
- Computer literate with all of Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Customer service orientated
- Ability to plan, organize and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Great Plains experience an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.