Position: Executive Assistant (Halifax)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, NS and PEI
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Status: Permanent, Full Time
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™
Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for:
- High-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the CEO and to the Provincial Advisory Boards in PEI and NS;
- Human resources administration;
- Office Administration;
- Supervision of the Office Coordinator
The Executive Assistant exercises initiative and independent judgement in managing the CEO’s calendar, and daily activities, is proactive and highly organized. The EA supports the Boards and uses discretion in the dissemination of information to Board Members, Committee Members, staff and the various stakeholders served by Heart & Stroke. The EA is a member of the provincial leadership team. This position oversees the work of the Office Coordinator.
Executive Office and Provincial Advisory Boards:
- Provide administrative support to the provincial CEO and Provincial Advisory Boards. The EA will also provide administrative support for other H&S Directors as required and authorized by the provincial CEO
- Transcribe and prepare accurate minutes of CEO, Board and Committee meetings as required and track and monitor pending issues for follow-up
- Research, develop and draft letters, memos or reports to communicate the CEO’s decisions, ideas, agenda, and prepare correspondence, reports, PowerPoint presentations, proofread and edit documents.
- Coordinate the CEO’s schedule and appointments
Office and Human Resource Administration:
- Oversee the role Office Coordinator to ensure appropriate processes and supplies in place to facilitate office efficiency
- Coordinate Human Resources adminstrative functions including all administration related to recruitment, on-boarding, resignations and terminations, monitor leave, both paid and unpaid through electronic system
- Participate on JOHSC; facilitate team building and coordination of processes between the two provinces
- Responsible for the office, exec and admin budget
- Act as provincial contact for central payroll team for all payroll related matters
- Create new hire packages and facilitate and organize orientation for new staff
- University / Community college degree or combination of education and experience in a related field
Experience and Skills™
- Minimum 5 or more years of relevant experience, especially managing a complex calendar for a senior executive. (complex means a calendar driven by external partners, colleagues, situations, weather and politics)
- Extensive work experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Publisher), Internet Explorer, Raisers Edge (or similar databases) preferred
- Experience using office equipment including laptop, projector, voice recorder, photocopier, teleconference set up and equipment and various distant meeting programs.
- Experience preparing agendas, recording and transcribing minutes
- High standards of ethics and confidentially to handle sensitive information
- Excellent oral, written communication skills, including editorial skills;
- Precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling and correct use of English language;
- Extensive knowledge of office procedures and practices
- Strong multi-tasking skills; attention to detail, accuracy; ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills;
- A strong work ethic and ability to work to a flexible schedule;
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, demonstrating a concern for people to promote a positive work environment.
- Proactive approach to work.
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5, 2018.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.