Position: Development Associate
Reports to: CEO- Newfoundland
Location: Mount Pearl, NL
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
HSF’s development mandate is to identify, develop and steward provincial and national corporate partnerships in support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s provincial priorities, as well as to assist as necessary with those at the national level.
We are looking for an out-going, dependable candidate with significant corporate engagement, partner stewardship, and business writing experience. The Associate will work in concert with the CEO-NL to optimize major gifts to H&S. They will be responsible for cultivation, stewarding and maintaining strategic partnerships and providing administrative support to CEO.
- Manage sponsorship critical paths clearly outlining the key sponsorship deliverables and the roles and responsibilities of corporate partners and HSF teams
- Coordinate Workplace Giving campaigns, acting as a liaison with those corporations involved in the campaign and provides coordination of stewardship
- Liaise with the key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship deliverables / contractual obligations
- Ensure that the fulfillment requirements of all sponsorship agreements are met according to contracts
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships
- Integrate volunteers when appropriate into area of responsibility; providing supervision, training and support
- Serve as a front line representative of the Heart and Stroke Foundation with the public and corporate partners
- Develop major gift cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects
- Responsible for the identification, acquisition and growth of Corporate partnerships
- Assist with meeting corporate partnerships fund raising goals by managing a portfolio of identified prospects and/or partners
- Develop and implement integrated cultivation, stewardship and recognition strategies for corporate partners, with inter-departmental discussion
- Compile and maintain all necessary statistical and financial information and prepare reports that meet organizational needs;
- Handle administration and maintenance of all corporate prospect / donor related files in a timely manner through Moves Management in RE and Sales Force;
Administration and Metrics Analytics
- Provides administrative support to the CEO
- Updates and maintains corporate information in the database
- Prepares reports as requested by the CEO
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, functions and events with corporate stakeholders on behalf of the CEO
- Maintains records in a comprehensive, accessible and organized manner necessary for quality assurance and information purposes
- Conducts the necessary metrics analytics of revenue (raised/received), expenses
- Ensures that trends (revenue / expenses) are known and monitored
- Post-secondary education
- CFRE designation would be an asset or willingness and ability to acquire same is a benefit, plus involvement in a professional association (AFP, CAGP etc.)
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years charitable sector, major gifts / campaign knowledge and experience
- Experience participating in an integrated Central Moves Management program
- Demonstrated track record of independently closing individual major gifts
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Skilled at researching and preparing effective presentations
- Excellent project management, prioritization and organizational skills
- A professional and superior client-service approach
- Skilled in the development and implementation of successful strategies for identification, cultivation and solicitation of individuals / organizations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage for results
- Ability to work independently within a professional team environment
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2018. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.