Position: Area Manager, Fund Raising (NL)
Reports to: Regional Director, Community Engagement
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland
Status: Permanent, Full time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.TM Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.TM
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We need a charismatic team player and leader who can influence others, build persuasive arguments, and gain support to achieve business goals. This is a great opportunity for someone who is goal and achievement oriented.
The Area Manager is responsible for managing the effective delivery of the Foundation’s community based fundraising programs and volunteer development initiatives in Newfoundland and Labrador.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- enjoys sales/fundraising
- understands the value of data and metrics to be successful
- connects with and values our amazing volunteers and donors
- can develop and motivate the team and provide coaching and feedback to direct reports.
Fundraising and community engagement
- Meet fundraising goals for region including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund raising program including My Own Fundraiser, Hockey Heroes Weekend and corporate support
- Develop strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support corporate fundraising opportunities
- Develop strategies for growing community presence and reach through fundraising and volunteer development initiatives
- Achieve all program benchmarks
- Support implementation of new National initiatives
- Ensure region develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Develop strategies for strengthening volunteer structures to ensure increased delivery through volunteer resources
Operations, human resources, business planning and management
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing staff and volunteer teams.
- Lead the development and management of regional implementation plans, financial outlooks, and budgets.
- Identify and analyze potential and opportunities for growth through effective business and strategic analysis.
- Ensure high standards of delivery, competence and adherence to Foundation values from individuals who are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills and achieving their career potential
- College/University certificate/diploma preferably in business
Experience and skills
- 5-7 years of related experience in a results oriented business environment (customer service, sales, professional fundraising, etc)
- Experience in leading and managing a team (on-site and virtual) and achieving results through others
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Access to personal vehicle and flexibility to travel within region
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
If you have the qualifications and share a passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your salary expectations. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until April 30, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.