Position: Development Advisor
Reports to: Director, Development
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Status: Permanent, Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 125,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Working with an amazing team, the Development Advisor will optimize major gifts to Heart & Stroke with a portfolio of prospects at various stages of identification, cultivation, pre-solicitation, solicitation and stewardship. If you have solid experience with the technical aspects of fund development and you are committed to the principles and culture of philanthropy with a tremendous flair and genuine interest for interacting with people then this opportunity to make a difference.
- Strategically and compellingly aligns the prospect/supporter interests with the organization’s designated project needs and funding requirements
- Identifies and qualifies gift and supporter involvement
- Responsible for the overall management of the portfolio of Endowments Responsible for the preparation of Annual Stewardship Reports to Endowment holders and to selected MG donor
- Contributes to the research and identification of new prospects, working cooperatively with all other development personnel in the process of prospect management and advancement with the goal of finding the best fit between donors and the highest-level priorities
- Works effectively with the department’s Administrative Assistant, directing work assignments and the efficient delivery of same.
- Responsible for the identification, acquisition and growth of Corporate partnerships, leading to securing corporate sponsorship revenue / or in-kind sponsorships
- Handles administration and maintenance of all corporate prospect / donor related files in a timely manner through Moves Management in RE and Sales Force;
- Works with other Development, Corporate Partners and FD Managers on key information-sharing and planning on success of the department and the well-being of the donors (donor-centered);
- Provides written program information and reports
- Conducts integrated solicitation efforts (outright and deferred gifts) in support of highest priority need areas of the HSF as identified by the Case for Support and the Strategic Plan
- Prepares solicitations through to closure with or independent of volunteer leadership
- Ensures appropriate meaningful recognition and thorough stewardship including follow-through on the gift implementation, administration of the funds and related expenditures
- Supports national and manages local initiatives and events focused on donor recognition and events
Administration and Metrics Analytics
- Compiles and maintains statistical and financial information and prepares reports that meet organizational needs
- Conducts the necessary metrics and analytics of revenue (raised/received), expenses
- Ensures that trends (revenue / expenses) are known and monitored
- Supports the CEO MB and the Director, Development
- Post-secondary education
- CFRE designation or willingness and ability to acquire same is a benefit, plus involvement in a professional association (AFP, CAGP etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years charitable sector, major gifts / campaign knowledge and experience
- Experience participating in an integrated Central Moves Management program
- Demonstrated track record of independently closing individual major gifts
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Skilled at developing and delivering effective presentations targeted at prospects and related stakeholders
- Excellent project management, prioritization and organizational skills
- A professional and superior client-service approach
- Skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for identification, cultivation and solicitation of individuals / organizations
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to manage for results
- Ability to work independently within a professional team environment
If you have a passion for improving the health of Canadians, want to work for an incredible organization and want meaningful work with a community of likeminded professionals, please submit your cover letter (including salary expectations) and résumé to Sue Ward, Regional Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com before 5:00pm November 30th, 2017. Please include the position title in your email subject.
We offer a full range of competitive benefits.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.