Position: Community Engagement Coordinator (Winnipeg)
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Status: Permanent, Full Time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for our Mission, enjoys sales/fundraising, connecting to volunteers and donors and who is goal and achievement oriented.
The Community Engagement Coordinator assists the Area Manager in the delivery of our community based fundraising initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. The Coordinator also:
- Increases the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develops and maintains strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develops, maintains, and enhances strong business relationships.
- The door to door (person to person) annual fundraising campaigns
- Meet annual fundraising goals by executing our fund-raising programs like Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, In Honor, Special Events, My Own Fundraiser events and Person to Person.
- Contribute to the development of implementation plans for event maximization and success e.g. corporate health presentations, captain and team kick-off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution
- Recruit, develop and inspire our volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
- Assist the Senior Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships
- Assist the Senior Area Manager in strengthening our volunteer structures
- Support the development and implementation of new initiatives
- College/University certificate/diploma
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development
- Experience in sales and/or marketing, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion
- Goal setting and achievement orientated
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient PC skills including with MS Office and Excel
- People management experience an asset
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required during peak periods
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until December 4, 2017.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca