Position: Community Engagement Coordinator - Jump & My Own Fundraiser
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Status: Permanent; Full-Time
The Community Engagement department is responsible for the development and delivery of the Foundation's fundraising programs. The role of the Community Engagement Coordinator is to assist the Sr. Area Manager, Community Engagement in the effective delivery of the Heart and Stroke Foundation’s community based fundraising initiatives through the coordinated efforts of staff and volunteer resources. In addition the role is responsible to:
- Increase the profile of the Foundation as the authoritative voice on heart disease and stroke,
- Develop and maintain strong volunteer partnerships,
- Develop, maintain, and enhance strong business relationships.
Business Management Accountabilities:
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of various fund-raising programs that may include Jump Rope for Heart, Big Bike, In Honor, Special Events, My Own Fundraiser events and the Person-to-Person Campaign
- Work with the Sr. Area Manager, Community Engagement to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event maximization and execution that will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick-off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service and event day execution
- Promote HSF’s image and mission as authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Work with the Provincial Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People Management Accountabilities:
- Recruit, develop and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support the Foundation
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs
Business Development Accountabilities:
- Assist Sr. Area Manager, Community Engagement in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising and business relationships
- Assist Sr. Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including meetings etc.
- Support Provincial Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Geographic region of Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Fundraising revenue: $250,000+/year
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development
- Experience in sales and/or marketing, and/or not-for profit industry and/or health promotion
- Minimum education – College/University certificate/diploma
- Goal setting and achievement orientated
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- People management experience an asset
- Proficient PC skills including with MS Office and Excel
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required
- During peak periods evening and weekend hours are required*
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca