Position: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Location: Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa or Toronto
Status: Contract (12 months)
You are a Bilingual Senior Recruiter whose claim to fame is building relationships with clients and candidates! You are a talent acquisition specialist who excels at expanding their network and knows how to leverage its strength to find ideal candidates. Using your expert use of recruiting concepts, practices and procedures, you will source, interview and hire top talent.
As a Heart & Stroke Talent Acquisition Specialist you are a self-motivated relationship builder with strong customer service skills. You are agile and able to work in a fast paced environment. You are a natural communicator and create a positive lasting first impression for all candidates.
At Heart & Stroke, we benefit from a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs from across our great country. We celebrate our differences, our rich cultures and heritage and support all individuals to achieve a healthy future. Your success in recruitment will help save lives.
- Manage all aspects of the recruitment process, develop and execute innovative talent strategies to attract and build a diverse talent pool of candidates for roles across Canada.
- Understand and promote Heart and Stroke Foundations’ mission, vision and brand to network of contacts.
- Assess candidates through competency-based, behavior-focused interviewing methodology, ensuring qualified candidates are referred
- Champion and create a positive candidate experience through, immediate response to candidate's needs, and delivery of exceptional service for candidates
- Facilitate decision process to conclusion, providing advice and guidance to Hiring managers in their decision to ensure a fair, objective and equitable decision process.
- Demonstrated ability to build networks and source talent leveraging innovative methods and tools.
- Extensive experience in search (social media, job boards etc.) and creative sourcing strategies.
- Proven success in recruitment of sales/fundraising professionals
- Successfully achieve results in a fast-paced metric and deadline driven environment
- Able to balance competing priorities, managing multiple stakeholder needs and timelines
- Good knowledge of latest recruitment trends & markets
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Certified Internet Recruiter (CIR), preferred
- Diploma or Degree combined with a CHRP designation is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in excel and outlook
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to HSFC.Recruitment@heartandstroke.ca. We offer comprehensive benefits including pension, dental and medical coverage.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.