Position: Fundraising Coordinator, Jump Rope for Heart Campaign
Reports to: Area Manager
Department: Community Engagement
Location: Victoria, BC
Status: Permanent; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking a results-driven, enthusiastic, flexible, and adaptable professional for the role of Fundraising Coordinator, with a focus on the Jump Rope for Heart Campaign/Program in Victoria, BC. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating and executing the overall operation of community based fundraising activities by building relationships within the community, and providing resources and awareness. With a desire for achieving program goals through partnership growth and executing strategy, your tenacious ability will help you drive results in a sales focused environment.
Business management accountabilities:
- Create initial contacts with community members with the goal of increasing presence by selling and promoting Heart & Stroke programs; liaise with current and potential contacts in order to maintain relationships and presence
- Meet approved annual fundraising goals by supporting the execution of fundraising programs that may include Jump Rope for Heart, Heart & Stroke Big Bike, and My Own Fundraiser events, and executing the Heart Month (Person to Person) Campaign fundraising program
- Promote, coordinate, and deliver programs; weekly and monthly reporting
- Work with Area Manager to develop appropriate implementation of plans for event recruitment, maximization, and execution, which will include corporate health presentations, captain and team kick off events, orientation of captains and volunteers, customer service, and event day execution
- Promote Heart & Stroke’s image and mission as an authoritative voice through Foundation information delivery
- Coordination of program prizing, including determining appropriate prizes needed for events, and ordering and maintaining inventory of prizes to bring to events
- Track program statistics and provide analysis of productivity, including analysis of revenue; develop and submit project plans and ongoing reports
- Donation collection and processing; involves counting and reporting
- Work with the Area Office team to ensure relationships are managed seamlessly
People management accountabilities:
- Recruit, develop, and manage an appropriate mix of volunteers
- Build, manage, and sustain the internal business relationships necessary to support and meet fundraising goals
- Build and maintain positive volunteer partnerships in support of the effective execution of the programs; scheduling and training volunteers
- Ensure effective volunteer cultivation, stewardship, and follow-up to ensure the continued growth and success of programs
Business development accountabilities:
- Assist Area Manager in identifying and developing operational plans and tactics for growing community presence, fundraising, and business relationships
- Assist Area Manager in developing plans and tactics for strengthening volunteer structures including coaching meetings, volunteer recognition and stewardship
- Prioritize, identify, and initiate contact with participants (current and new), including conducting warm and cold sales/presentations
- Support the Area Office in the development and implementation of new initiatives
- Fundraising revenue of $190,000 and 70 Jump Relationships
South Island to Salt Spring Island, Cowichan Bay & Greater Victoria
- Access to own vehicle and ability to travel throughout geographic area
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- College/University certificate/diploma required
- 2-3 years fundraising/sales experience with a proven track record of successful business development and sales development
- Experience in not-for-profit industry and/or health promotion is an asset
- Experience with cold calling and telerecruiting
- Previous experience working towards meeting/exceeding performance metrics
- Event planning and/or project management experience would be an asset
- Experience with coordination and supervision of volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results, while maintain and building effective relationships; strong communication skills
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate and plan, problem-solve, and exercise sound judgment
- Goal setting and achievement orientated; time management skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills; ability to accurately enter data into a database program
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Flexible/adaptable; able to work in a fast past, ever-changing environment; able to effectively manage a demanding schedule and prioritize responsibilities
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows 7; superior Excel skills
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com immediately. Please include the reference number FCJ201802VIC and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including pension, and dental and medical coverage.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it., Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives., and the heart and / Icon on its own or followed by another icon or words in English are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada.