Position: Coordinator, Mid-Level Giving
Reports to: Advisor, Individual Giving, Western Canada
Department: Philanthropic Direct Marketing
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Contract; Full-time
The Heart and Stroke Foundation
Life. We don’t want you to miss it.™ Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.™
That’s why Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are seeking an organized, adaptable, and reliable professional for the role of Coordinator, Mid-Level Giving. Reporting directly to the Advisor, Individual Giving, Western Canada, the Coordinator, Mid-Level Giving is responsible for stewardship and cultivation activities in support of the National Middle Donor Program within Philanthropic Direct Marketing (PDM), Canada. This is a six-month contract starting in October 2017, with the possibility of extension/renewal.
Stewardship and Donor Service(80%):
- Perform regular, timely outbound calls to thank mid-level donors when gift is received
- Provide stewardship to new middle donors, and ensuring welcome package is initiated and personalized thank you communication via phone or email is completed
- Perform outbound fundraising calls to a portfolio of middle donors following mail campaigns with focus to secure a renewed gift
- Initiate intermittent personalized communication touches (through phone, note, or email) for a portfolio of middle donors notifying them of special updates and stewardship events and webinars
- Enter all stewardship interactions along with any qualitative information gathered into database in an accurate and timely manner
- Review with Advisor, Individual Giving, Western Canada on a regular basis any upper tier middle donors with aim to identify those suitable for cultivation by major gifts team
- Respond to all inbound calls, emails, and correspondence from middle donor portfolio in timely manner
- Assist with implementation of donor stewardship events
- Respond to miscellaneous inbound donor requests/inquiries from Direct Marketing donors to BC office by phone, mail, and email
- Provide notification to provincial planned giving leads when notification of estate gifts or bequests is received
Administrative Support (20%):
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to assist with office administration (as required)
- Prepare donor call lists for thankathon initiatives
- Keep apprised of middle donor campaigns in development and in market, and assist team as required with reviewing copy and layout at creative and production stages
- Liaise with accounting team for reallocation of any revenue between Direct Marketing and other Foundation fundraising programs
- Forward any Direct Marketing program donations received in BC office to centralized processing
- Liaise with provincial Development teams to ensure they receive stewardship impact reports for distribution
- Investigate and update where possible donor address contact information for undeliverable receipts of BC Direct Marketing Program donors
- Record and update any information in donor databases as required
- Post-secondary education
Skills and experience
- 1-2 years relevant experience in not for profit or customer service field
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to communicate at all levels with confidenc
- Extremely detail oriented and skilled in accuracy
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to identify key priorities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment involving multi-tasking and critical deadlines
- Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in marketing is an asset
- French language is an asset
If you have the qualifications and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com immediately. Please include the reference number CMLG2017BC and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more and get involved with Heart and Stroke at www.heartandstroke.ca