Position: Coordinator, Individual Giving
Reports to: Manager, Individual Giving
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Working closely with a core team focused on intermediate giving, the Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implementation and execution of all intermediate giving donor relationship management and stewardship activities and campaigns. The role will support the growth of the intermediate giving program by providing strong donor stewardship and campaign support.
At Heart & Stroke, we benefit from a diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs from across our great country. We celebrate our differences, our rich cultures and heritage, and support individuals from all walks of life to achieve a healthy future.
- Directly contact and provide personalized “thank you” communication via phone or email
- Document conversations and moves management steps and confirm welcome packages are received by new donors
- Coordinate personalized communication touches (through phone, note, or email) for a portfolio of intermediate donors notifying them of special updates and stewardship events and webinars
- Identify and provide appropriate intermediate giving donor lists to provincial teams for stewardship event
- Attend and assist with events as appropriate
- Ensure weekly call reports are distributed for timely stewardship calls, and ensure callers are briefed with appropriate intermediate content on an ongoing basis
- Ensure stewardship impact reports are distributed to prospect managers
- Respond to donor inquiries and triage escalations as required
- Enter all stewardship interactions along with any qualitative information gathered into database in an accurate and timely manner
- Record and update any information in donor databases (Cornerstone and OneCRM) as required
- Investigate and update where possible donor address contact information for undeliverable and returned mail
- Provide support to mail and digital campaign cycles, draft and track critical path and work back schedules, and coordinate production tasks
- Draft communication briefs, and distribute to intermediate program internal stakeholders
- Proof live versions of mailings and review for accuracy
- Collaborate with the Manager, Individual Giving to provide recommendations on improvements to the intermediate program
- Post-secondary education
- 1-2 years relevant experience in not for profit or customer service field
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment involving multi-tasking and critical deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in marketing is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail orientated with high attention on accuracy
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate at all levels with confidence
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams
- Superior customer service skills
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to identify key priorities
- Excellent computer skills with sound working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat, etc.) and working with databases
- French language is an asset
At Heart & Stroke, you will appreciate our fantastic health and dental benefits, matching pension contribution, and exceptional paid time off.
Apply today at email@example.com
Be sure to include the reference number CIG112018BC and your name (first and last) in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
™Life. We don’t want you to miss it.
Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 100,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
Learn more at www.heartandstroke.ca